The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

Tried to stretch my fasting by starting 30mins earlier and found myself motivated to keep it going until just now! 17hrs !!

Wasnt too bad at all with some coffee and water to keep me going and some work distractions. Gonna take it slowly though. i feel like binging could be a thing that i dont need and not sure if thats common thinking you need to get calories or macros in.

and found myself motivated to keep it going until just now! 17hrs !!
You're almost to an 18:6, which is a pretty common Intermittent Fasting schedule. Eat two meals within your 6 hour window. I'd suggest aiming for this, and keeping at it for a week or so and see how it goes. Once you get used to it, it becomes easier to gradually close your eating window to eventually get to a 23:1 (if that's a goal). That would be a true One Meal A Day (OMAD).

You can do it every day. When most people find the IF schedule that works for them, they stick with it.
Yeah, gotta find that schedule. We eat late (way way earlier now than before last march) but 6-7pm is as close as i feel comfortable to not getting obsessive and just easing into a thing. Gotta get used to eating a late brunch.

So continuing in the IF path, i was able to go 18hrs ok. (2000-1400). I feel some sinus pressure and not sure what to attribute it to yet. The weather, allergens, biochem, etc) i cant tell if its inflammation or not, it feels like a bit of both but more towards not, and i am perpetually inflamed. Breatherights work wonders.

going with a healthy looking “breakfast”.

Attachments

• B82A9FB7-3D33-4076-A437-14739F716F5B.jpeg
    B82A9FB7-3D33-4076-A437-14739F716F5B.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
So continuing in the IF path, i was able to go 18hrs ok. (2000-1400). I feel some sinus pressure and not sure what to attribute it to yet. The weather, allergens, biochem, etc) i cant tell if its inflammation or not, it feels like a bit of both but more towards not, and i am perpetually inflamed. Breatherights work wonders.

going with a healthy looking “breakfast”.
If it is Inflammation...the IF should help with that actually. But you are looking good my man!

If it is Inflammation...the IF should help with that actually. But you are looking good my man!
I cant tell what it is, the pressure doesnt feel like a headache but i had shoulder pain in the AM that isn’t super typical. But i have thrown in some light workouts that could be related. a tylenol made the sinus pressure feel better. Coffee made the shoulder pains go away and the french toast with strawberries and raspberries for brunch made the “tears” from the 14IF fade 😂.

My dad used to know a guy who had to go to the train station and use their scales to weigh... The guy was BIG
I should have also stated my dad used to play football when he was younger so a lot of his friends were either current or former players....

As a “beginner” to IF and keto or low carbs in diet, it’s really hard to not think bad if you aren’t really actively working towards that each day, but i will be better about it tomorrow. I wasnt bad, but i’m close to not being “great”.

still got in a ton of exercise so the the apps say i am good, but I definitely not feeling that after i ate a bagel for lunch that came as special surprise from NYC via overnight post.

Back