The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

So locked down the first day with a ease into keto/low carb with a deficit in carb manager app and started a 8pm-10am fast using fastic app. (Both ios). I should probably leave the floor that has the kitchen on it.

made it to 14hr fast. Black coffee at 8am definitely helped. I don’t know if it was psychosomatic, but my shoulders were starting to feel “off” and tired. thats usually a cue for me. Could be DOMS of the pushup variants I'm doing though this last 2 weeks. Trying to slowly incorporate them so i dont have too much soreness as a distraction.

added some protein collagen creamer to my 10am coffee to break the fast.

So this month of loss has been L A M E. I've always been a big guy. And back in my college days, I would weight lift pretty hard, mountain bike on trails, and use the bike as my primary transportation. And I would think "if I'm doing this much activity now and still not toned, I'm really screwed when I'm not doing so much". That's how I've been thinking this week. Cut my breakfast in half. Have smaller lunches most days. Added in 20-30 of walking during the day most days and started actual exercise with you know weights and lunges and "child's pose" stretches. And while I've lost 5-7 lbs, it sure does feel like that took a crapload of effort to make such a little change.

But hey, better than going the other direction. Hopefully, as my muscles get used to working out, I'll be able to do things that are more strenuous in the same period of time and there will be some bigger losses to reinforce the loss of breakfast burritos.

Is there a new thread for this?
Your End of Jan weight is your beginning of Feb weight, so you're good. There's just a few who haven't submitted yet. There will be a new thread for End of Feb weights.

Hopefully, as my muscles get used to working out, I'll be able to do things that are more strenuous in the same period of time
Man I hear ya! Het back into lifting weights is hard. You definitely gotta start slow. Do too much and you'll be sore for a week. Easing into it ensures you can keep to a program without bit starts and stop at the beginning.

Added in 20-30 of walking during the day most days and started actual exercise with you know weights and lunges and "child's pose" stretches.
Walking is actually really good for your overall health. I've read, even better than running. But, if you want to kick up your workout during your walks..... you should ruck! Get a backpack and add some weight. Start with 5 or 10 lbs and work your way up. A 30 minute walk with 25-30 lbs is a crazy good workout. I love doing that!

I have to say that the chatter makes it much easier to keep up the motivation so thanks everyone. The journaling is such a great tool to use to not only discuss, reflect, but also keep the momentum going.

so tell me more about these keto chocolate bombs or whatever they are called.

I have to say that the chatter makes it much easier to keep up the motivation so thanks everyone. The journaling is such a great tool to use to not only discuss, reflect, but also keep the momentum going.

so tell me more about these keto chocolate bombs or whatever they are called.
Fat Bombs are just a quick snack that are usually very sweet, so they satisfy cravings of your sweet tooth, but also have no carbs, little protein, and lots of fat, so they are good when you’re trying to up your fat intake to meet your macros. Tons of recipes out there for them.

Back