The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

Are you guys feeling like keto is a sustainable lifestyle change for you all?
I think so. Mainly because, it's primarily about eating healthy and focusing on staying away from sugars and carbs. I've been doing this for 22 days now and I can totally see myself doing it for a long time. Granted, I'm sure that once I reach my goal weight, I will occasionally have a dessert or a piece of bread. I know that maintenance mode will come eventually. I think the guys who have been doing it longer may be able to answer that question better though.

In 2018 I did keto for 10 months (Jan to Nov). After the holidays I went Paleo-ish...still very low carb. I did that until about halfway through 2020. I find keto and paleo type diets are sustainable for me because I can eat all the foods I love to eat.

I listen to podcasts where people have been on keto/paleo for years! It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you are willing to do.

My personal opinion is that keto should be used as a tool and people should transition between that and another whole food approach...maybe even often. But I will say...if someone goes keto for ten years they will be significantly healthier than those who eat a Standard American Diet (SAD).

I say yes...it is sustainable. But you have to decide if it something you can do. If you are not willing to stick with it, then it does you no good.

Similar to Don last year I maintained the lifestyle for over a year, and looking at my past records, it was great, and then Mr. Murphy, switched his game plan from shaving injuries to KETO destruction ( ok it was me.) ironically it happened to the day the 1st case of Covid hit our shores. Then I had my 1st fall from the wagon which created a tsunami of re-wiring and the evilness of sugar and cravings, by March I stopped riding my 40-60 miles per ride and became a grazing mammal, with the shop being shut down for a month or two it got worse, I started watching the 24 hour news cycles, and slipped into the Covid-Anger-Depression, and with me it was food. Gained a bunch back and said ^&*$-it. Thanks to @Spider , and this challenge, not to metioned I turned off the TV, got back to faith, and literally said "START LIVING AGAIN" and back on the wagon, but this time with a Vengence and a promise to live this lifestyle for good, at 56 my goal is to be in better, or at least as good of shape by 58 than I was when I was in the military. so that gives me a year as I am on the eve of 57 yrs in March. I probably shared too much, but in a journey around the horn to answer your question, YES it is sustainable, as long as I don't let my head and the environmental health of everything around me find it's way to my brain.

Similar to Don last year I maintained the lifestyle for over a year, and looking at my past records, it was great, and then Mr. Murphy, switched his game plan from shaving injuries to KETO destruction ( ok it was me.) ironically it happened to the day the 1st case of Covid hit our shores. Then I had my 1st fall from the wagon which created a tsunami of re-wiring and the evilness of sugar and cravings, by March I stopped riding my 40-60 miles per ride and became a grazing mammal, with the shop being shut down for a month or two it got worse, I started watching the 24 hour news cycles, and slipped into the Covid-Anger-Depression, and with me it was food. Gained a bunch back and said ^&*$-it. Thanks to @Spider , and this challenge, not to metioned I turned off the TV, got back to faith, and literally said "START LIVING AGAIN" and back on the wagon, but this time with a Vengence and a promise to live this lifestyle for good, at 56 my goal is to be in better, or at least as good of shape by 58 than I was when I was in the military. so that gives me a year as I am on the eve of 57 yrs in March. I probably shared too much, but in a journey around the horn to answer your question, YES it is sustainable, as long as I don't let my head and the environmental health of everything around me find it's way to my brain.
I think your info really helps clarify and set up the understanding. Thanks.

sounds like a lot of you guys are really gonna keep it up. thats awesome!

I was just talking with me wife about how enduring we think lifestyle changes for us are and how they’ll manifest or how we want them to manifest for the future.

Back