The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Staying Fit Staying Sane

In a break from my normal routine, today's exercise consisted of distributing 3 cubic yards of triple mix to the front, side, and back yards. Did it all is about 2.5 hrs, so the daily workouts DO have me in shape...... relatively speaking, of course.

I've been on vacation for the last week, so all I did was a daily walk on the beach and a few pushups to impress the ladies(Iryna). Got a nice tan and a good burn to go with it. Overall, I'm feeling healthy and my muscles have had some time to heal up. I'm going to hit the gym tonight with a repeat of week 8, because I took a week off for vacation.

This morning: Slept in, no walk only coffee....

This evening: 80 day obsession day 45 Booty(repeat)

Negative weight gain here. I'm still on the elliptical for 40 mins per day, but the weights are hit and miss (except for the Farmer's Walk) due to my left shoulder being wonky.
1624207806995.png

I've had a sinus infection all this last week, so I haven't worked out at all. I think I've lost some muscle though, because I'm down to 180, my lowest weight yet... I think I'll give a try to get back to it tonight and see if I can't get back to gains!

Get well soon, Matt. 🤒

My wife's sister mentioned to her that I look thin and asked if I was sick. Now my wife thinks I need to go to the doctor for a medical (which I need to do anyway to follow-up on if my cholesterol has improved) and wants me to knock off working out for a bit.

Today was the first day with no elliptical since the start of December and it feels funny not to sweat buckets in the morning. We'll see what happens with my weight over the next week or so.

No workout day-3. Up 4 lbs this week, so it does look like I am simply burning off what I am eating when exercising and not the host for a parasitic tapework or some other illness.

No workout day-3. Up 4 lbs this week, so it does look like I am simply burning off what I am eating when exercising and not the host for a parasitic tapework or some other illness.
Is she still making you go get checked out?

5.6km (3.5m) in 36C (97F) on a trail mid-afternoon today. The last 2 km was 75% jogging ; my buddy was getting some minor heat stroke, so my wife stayed with him while I went for the car.

Ultrasound for my wonky (left) shoulder coming up on Thursday. It still hurts if I try to sleep on my left side, as well when I perform certain motions. I did mention what my weight routine was and he was not at all concerned with what I was doing.

Still been hitting my elliptical for 40 minutes every morning, only missing the periodic one, and did an extra 1 hour walk by the lake with my wife yesterday and another 1.5 hrs today in addition to my elliptical time (as that's my "touch base with mom" routine).

I'm hoping that they actually find something mechanical at fault rather than a "I dunno. Let's try xxxxxxxxxx and see what happens."

Winding down week 3 of the cut. I purposely started with a very mild caloric deficit and feel that's been working really well. The scale hasn't moved much, but IMO I already look better, and don't feel totally depleted in my training. In fact it's been some of the best training I've done in a while.
The first couple of weeks felt almost easy, but as happens, week 3 I'm starting to feel it, I'll probably go one more week, deload and make a few minor adjustments. The main goal this cut is keeping it sustainable, so less heavy work, more dumbbells, more reps overall.

Back