The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Staying Fit Staying Sane

I don't know much about that program, what are they having you do with the bands? I use bands a fair amount, have a bunch of attachments, even made my own loops. They do tend to bunch up for some things.

I don't use bands, as I'm already more than a little loopy. o_O

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical .... mom joined in for 32 mins on her treadmill today. Our synchronization/scheduling was a little off as she had a routine Dr appt this morning.

I don't know much about that program, what are they having you do with the bands? I use bands a fair amount, have a bunch of attachments, even made my own loops. They do tend to bunch up for some things.
All sorts of exercises, I don’t know how to describe them, but several of them were around your thighs and several around your feet for mountain climbers, tricep exercises. I’m not great at explaining them lol

I think I know them. I mean there are only so many. Around the thighs are the ones that are a pain to keep the band in place, but they are good exercises once you get the hang of it.

Yesterday’s exercise:

Morning: 60 min walk/Jog

Nathan and I decided to go Morel Mushroom hunting yesterday afternoon, but we ended up hiking a 2.5 mile trail after we didn’t have much luck(temperatures aren’t quite warm enough yet). It took us about an hour and 15 min, great workout. Though we got rained on halfway through, but 75F made it feel kind of good.

Evening: Day two of 80 Day Obsession, booty day. Loads of exercises using resistance bands around my thighs, not a fan at all(luckily I have some slightly larger bands coming today.) I broke a great sweat and felt great at the end.

This morning: had a relaxing 60 min walk and could really feel yesterday’s workout in my hips and gluts.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical .... mom went for 36 mins on her treadmill this morning, while complaining about getting old. :)

Yesterday’s exercise:

Morning: 60 min walk/Jog

Nathan and I decided to go Morel Mushroom hunting yesterday afternoon, but we ended up hiking a 2.5 mile trail after we didn’t have much luck(temperatures aren’t quite warm enough yet). It took us about an hour and 15 min, great workout. Though we got rained on halfway through, but 75F made it feel kind of good.

Evening: Day two of 80 Day Obsession, booty day. Loads of exercises using resistance bands around my thighs, not a fan at all(luckily I have some slightly larger bands coming today.) I broke a great sweat and felt great at the end.

This morning: had a relaxing 60 min walk and could really feel yesterday’s workout in my hips and gluts.
Hey it just came to mind while I was working out, have you seen the textile covered bands that are for your thighs? They are 1000% more comfortable to use, don't bunch up as bad and don't pinch.

I dug this one out to show you. It's really good, from Mark Bell. I'm sure you can find similar on Amazon if you don't want to pay for the branding.

1617896245616.jpeg

Hey it just came to mind while I was working out, have you seen the textile covered bands that are for your thighs? They are 1000% more comfortable to use, don't bunch up as bad and don't pinch.

I dug this one out to show you. It's really good, from Mark Bell. I'm sure you can find similar on Amazon if you don't want to pay for the branding.

View attachment 50541
Thanks I’m going to try out the bigger ones I ordered, but if they are no better, I’ll definitely look into this!

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical ... mom put in new PBs on her treadmill today in both time (40 mins) and distance (0.92 miles) 🏃‍♀️

This morning: 60 minutes walk/run

Bonus: 30 min walk in the park with Nathan

Evening: 80 day Obsession Day 4 kicking my butt! IRYNA joined in for her first one, it was great having a partner!

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical ... mom joined in for 37 mins this morning on her treadmill. Gotta love how she goes at this every day.

Okay...so working out went into the pooper for the past...I don't know how many weeks. Just a lot that happened all at once...work, home, extended family, other stuff. I was struggling just to get a leisurely walk in at lunch. On top of that...the weather is warming up, and I gave up the gym membership across the street from my work, so showers are now out of the question. Anyway...I am re-evaluating things.

I think I need to schedule my M-F routines instead of doing things when I can fit them in. You know...what I am going to do and when to do them type of stuff. I have been overthinking some things too...so I need to think about other things.

Looking for a little advice on a lunch time routine. Since fall...(when I was actually at work) I would do 45-60 minute walks at lunch. As I mentioned before, It's getting warm (and soon to be hot) and I don't want to go back to work a sweaty mess (I'm already a mess...I don't need to add sweat to the equation). So I am looking for some kind of routine to do at lunch. I would love to get outside for some fresh air and vitamin d. So physical activity has to on the lower side of intensity. I don't really care if it is stretching, or body weight activity, or a combination of the two. I just want to use that time to be productive in respect to health. I might even be inclined to do a little meditation. Not really sure at this point...but I thought I would turn to you guys for a little help.

I have listened to Mark Bell and his brother Chris a million times on different podcasts. Talk about some serious knowledge there! I may not do everything Mark says to do (or anything for that matter), but I love listening to him! A really great motivator!

If you can’t get sweaty, your options are pretty limited Don. I mean, I get sweaty just taking a long walk in the heat.

If you can’t get sweaty, your options are pretty limited Don. I mean, I get sweaty just taking a long walk in the heat.
I'm with you on that one. Though I will say that since I lost that 70 pounds a few years ago...I don't sweat as much. I'm thinking of finding someplace at work to do some stretches for 15 to 20 minutes and then maybe go outside for just a 20 minute LIGHT walk to keep the sweating to a minimum. Leave most of the sweaty stuff for home. I could always do the stairs also in a slow methodical way. We have twelve floors in our building.

I might need to rethink the gym membership again when things improve. The YMCA is literally (real literally and not just literally, literally) across the street from my work.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Mom was going to call it quits early (tired after 3 mins), but then pushed through when I called her a baby. 👶 :p She ended up doing 37 minutes once again. My back was a little tight this morning, but I think (hope) that it was from sleeping poorly rather than tweaking something.

Saturday:

Morning: 60 minutes walk/run

Bonus: 120 min hike with Iryna and Nate

Evening: Iryna and I did Day5 of 80 Day Obsession, Leg day! OUCH

Sunday:

Morning: 60 minutes walk/run

Bonus: 45 min wagon pull/ride with Iryna and Nate

Evening: Iryna and I did Day 6 of 80 Day Obsession, Cardio Flow! Double OUCH OUCH!

Today, Monday is a rest day/Stretch day.

This morning, 60 min walk, REALLY SORE Legs and Glutes!!!!!

This evening, should be stretching and riding the bike for about 30 minutes.

Hitting week 4 of meso 1.
Last week went fine, nothing special to report, which is always a good sign.
I was prepared for today to be a bit crap, since I had the first injection of the Pfitzer vaccine on Saturday, but I didn't actually feel anything at all today. Yesterday I was a bit tired and minor ache at the injection site. I still managed to finish my Saturday evening session, which was a shoulder workout, so thankful for that.

Today, bench press is getting back up there (for me) and hit a rep PR with no issues, which felt good.
Still one more week to go, if all go according to plan. Then deload for a week.

Back