The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Nice shave KJ. Now you know why I don't critique shavers.........people are sensitive
1f602.png
. Always like the look of those bulldog handles. And I just sold a 1918 US Army one on BST among other things, to help fund my Paladin

I know you have quite a collection of razors, but it's nice to see a few. Great shave as always.

I know you have quite a collection of razors, but it's nice to see a few. Great shave as always.
Thanks! I’ll try to rotate through for the videos. It’ll be good for me too. Some, I’ve never even used before!

A KJ shave.

Going to use this DE. PFFT not sure why they call them DEs they make great SEs.

See all that lather I got on my face? I can literally get it all stuck to the razor in one pass!

Naturey? Who says that? Just you brother. LOL

Another fun video KJ! Congrats on the weightloss doing great work!

Good shave KJ! Glad you’re digging the A&E lather now, even if not the scents so far.

Huge congratulations on your milestone mentioned! That’s amazing! Way to stick to the program and glad you’re happy with the results.

I like my lather contained. Not on my hands, my razor, dropping into the sink, on my ear, over the side of the bowl. None of that!

Hey, you used your phone to play music at the end. What are you recording your video on?

Really enjoyed the last two videos KJ! Glad the A&E worked for you! BTW, here are the notes for Warrior of Howling Fjord:

Howling Fjord notes: Bergamot, mandarin, neroli, green tea, blackcurrant, sandalwood, musk

Here are some of the soaps in the VIP section that I found that might pique your interest. I pulled the scent notes/descriptions directly from their site:

Q: Q opens with an entire jungle’s worth of green, almost as if one is lost amidst the dampened darkness of the Amazon. The level of ‘green’ in the opening is unrelenting and unforgiving, like a barrage of botanist gunfire that is loud, disorientating and entirely enveloping. Green leads to a slight aquatic vibe. Far from the sanitised and salty-skinned sexed up surfers kind-of-a-aquatic, rather Q drudges up aqua from the deep and swirls it all together in a whirlpool of chaos and darkness.

Notes: Juniper berries, black currant, fig leaf, other green notes (leafy, ferny, damp forrest), bamboo, ylang-ylang, earth, oakmoss, black pepper, jasmine, tangerine, patchouli, Haitian vetiver, Incense, amber, cedarwood

The Novelist: If you're looking for sophisticated & unique spicy oriental & wood scent, this is a shaving soap for you. The Novelist has a sophisticated, spicy oriental scent that was inspired by Histoires de Parfum 1899. The scent consists of Bergamot, Juniper, Black Pepper, Orange Blossom, Vanilla, Iris, Vetiver, Tobacco and Amber.

Hedonisme: Hédonisme is a man's scent that is unapologetic & rugged, yet classically elegant. This is badass meets sophistication in a jar! Hédonisme exudes a dark, elegant magnetism that is sure to mesmerize. No wonder why this was inspired by the scent of choice for actor and notorious lady's man, Steve McQueen. It has a slight Woody note, laced with a Calabrian Bergamot, Myrrh and Amber. The scent then settles nicely on a bed of Haitian Vetiver. To my nose, it starts off with some citrus, then instantly transforms to a warmer and richer scent. The warmth and richness of Hédonisme can be attributed to the addition of myrrh, vetiver and amber. The vetiver adds a sweet earthiness to the soap that is unmistakable.

Vetiver Magnifique: Calabrian bergamot, coriander and a slight hint of nutmeg. Our Vetiver is green & woody, with some pepper notes, before giving way to vetiver, tobacco and tonka bean. A fresh woody accord for a fragrance with authentic elegance. This will pair exceptionally well with Guerlain Vetiver.

Portrait in Soho: Portrait is sophisticated, classy, rich, smoky and gorgeous. The scent blends a variety of powerful elements, which are strong and passionate. The notes are: rose, cinnamon and black currant, blended with incense and patchouli. It closes with an earthy, yet subtle base of amber, musk and wood notes.

Monte Carlo: Monte Carlo would be classified as an aquatic-fougere. The scent is centered on pepper, citrus notes and dry ambery woods with some mossy patchouli lingering below. The black pepper, ambroxan and geranium are pleasant and warming while taking you down a dark and mysterious path leading to vetiver and patchouli for a cooling & grounded base

Uno: Uno is a collaboration between Perfumer and hairstylist to the stars, Joey Nieves of Grey Matter Parfums and Ariana & Evans. Experience the brightness of Bergamot and vetiver as an introduction to luxurious leather & geranium, the freshness of lavender, with the earthiness of patchouli. If that wasn't enough, Uno has a base of Cedar that packs a magnificent punch. Uno would be considered a barbershop scent.

Ka Cosa Nostra: La Cosa Nostra, formerly known as The Mobster, is our updated version of this legendary scent. It's a soft & somewhat powdery, with hints of tob*cco, whiskey, sandalwood, vanilla and oud.

Thanks Josh. I’ll go through those in a bit, but when I started looking at their site, the Vetiver Magnifique is one that caught my eye.

Back