The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

You don't rinse the razor! Just let the lather build up and build up.
Does that bother you? Lol. Unless the lather is going to fall off, I don’t see the point. But not what I’m getting at.

Does that bother you? Lol. Unless the lather is going to fall off, I don’t see the point. But not what I’m getting at.

Well it doesn't bother me, but I do sit in anticipation of waiting for it plop off hit the floor, then you slip, hit your head, and we are left wondering if you wake up.

Well it doesn't bother me, but I do sit in anticipation of waiting for it plop off hit the floor, then you slip, hit your head, and we are left wondering if you wake up.
Nah, he always catches it in his hand when it curls there. He does turn a DE into a single edge most times but not always
1f601.png

Yeah, I get that. There’s just something I do that even I think is weird. I can imagine folks sitting at home thinking, Why would you do that???
You mean shaving straight across your lips?

I had to laugh because in the beginning of the video you talk about reducing your den, then at the end about buying some more scents. Same theory we all have. ?

First of all yes masking tape LOL. Glad you caught that.

Also Tami is a great person I have had the luxury to meet her in person when testing the Lime Margarita and the Peppermint. She is a pleasure to talk to and very knowledgeable in her craft.

Also very nice shave. Good stuff.

Residual slickness I define as can I do another pass BEFORE adding more lather. A higher rating goes if I can do it with out water, and a little lower rating goes if I need to add water.

Haha, love the masking tape dig! I was wondering about that too.

Residual slickness for me aligns with Chad - slickness left over after a pass, no added water. I rely on this (more than I should) for touch ups.

The car part looks like either a grille piece or some cheap rim piece.

Ditto, I'm not sure if I've had a shave with my RX where I'd do another pass without adding just a touch of water for a top performing soap. With a DE and a blade not as wide or aggressive, there has probably been enough slickness remaining to do another pass. But, as standard practice for any pass, one area is gone over several times with overlapping strokes. So I guess you can also argue being able to do that requires some residual slickness. Another pass is just another stroke in a different direction.

I have a 2nd guess about that junk piece. It's a spoke of a wheel.

Don’t like my towel brush stropping hm? Well fine! You go ahead an fling your brush juice all over the place.

I just found it helped helped me as I worked to care for my brushes. Though, I don’t shake out my brushes with quite that much gusto, it’d probably launch across the house once in a while. ?

Good shave. Love the Bulldog!

Looking forward to you critiques/thoughts on the top soaps list.

Rinsed in the middle of the pass. That's radical and edgy! ?

Back