The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Better than DG wow. Out of the 4 scents I think I'll be ordering the Lime Margarita and $24 shipped is a deal. On the buy list for sure. That brush is GORGEOUS !! Congrats

So glad you are enjoying the Beehive!

The Lime Margarita is my all time favorite lime smell! I LOVE IT!

The Lime Margarita is my all time favorite lime smell! I LOVE IT!

From your comments I expected the lime to be better. It was pretty subdued. Overall I wasn’t thrilled with the scent. Good, but not great.

I know I’ve smelled better limes, but the limes always go to my girlfriend, it’s her favorite scent.

Hey, you used your phone to play music at the end. What are you recording your video on?

Just realized I never actually answered you. Filming with my new phone. Played music on old phone, using wi-fi. It’s a glorified iPod now.

Still enjoying the Rockwell! Nice!

I think the 1/3 2/4 plate thing has to do something with their 2c offering, wanting to provide a little variety in shave for the little brother razor. Probably had it in mind during production of the 6s and didn’t want to redesign plates. Just a guess though.

Bubblegum??? Great now I am questioning your sniffer LOL.

I might have a Rockwell for sale soon lol.

Sorry the scent was not a win for you. I personally really like it. That was the left over amount I couldn't cram into my container. I does appear the performance was good for you though. I wanted to see if the performance has changed for you.

Great shave KJ. I have no idea why the stupid plate numbers don't go in order either and it irked me. Obviously it's to make more money (which makes no sense to me cause you buy the whole set anyway) or it was a manufacturing reaaon. The 2c they sell only comes with the 1,3 plate. Looking firward to your thoughts on 4.

I wanted to see if the performance has changed for you.

Im a little confused by this. Changed from what?

And yeah, Bubblegum. I don’t know man, there was some odd sweet note there off the soap, but it disappeared once lathered. What do you smell? All I got was floral at the end.

I get floral fougere.

I thought you had previously stated you don't like Razorock

Well my bad lol. At least you tried it. And now someone else can try it and hopefully like it.

Good thoughts on the products today. Looks like plate 3 would be your resting place on the Rockwell? Which might be good, because that means you could get the C version if you wanted. ?

Have a great time at the Memorial with the family!

Nice shave and review KJ. Have the 3 razorocks too and so far just used the lime. Good value and lather but definitely drying to me as well. Have a good time with the Family today.

I agree with most of your statements today on the What The Puck. A good aftershave is a must, but the rest of the attributes are pretty darn good.

Oh man, the second you said “Ow” I thought we were going to have epic flow...glad that didn’t happen!

Good shave otherwise. Thanks for the Mickey Lee review!

Back