The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Hey guys, still trying to find my niche on the forum. I’m not much of a journal writer, so maybe videos is where it’s at?

I’m on travel this week, so thought I’d do a vid showing my travel setup. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/KOIFM_4HpUM

Lol @ Indy car driver in a Focus!

Another good, straightforward video KJ! But a Harry’s really? I’d have figured you’d at least have taken the Peter Parker special shavette! All good though, whatever works!

Oh man, that's like a horror movie! My sympathies.

Outside of the *gasp* Harry's razor, great video KJ! Good to have another Vlogger in the cadre! I love the idea of doing the travel series, though. That's something that people don't think about when they get into this hobby, how to travel with their gear.

I'm (kind of) ashamed to admit that I drag my Fusion around just in case I get hung up somewhere and need a shave. Normally, international travel takes about 24 hours, so I just normally wait until I get to my final destination. But it's there just in case...threatening me in case I get laid over....

I’d have figured you’d at least have taken the Peter Parker special shavette!
Shavettes are not TSA compliant.

Oh man, that's like a horror movie! My sympathies.
It was a good shave. The process just wasn't that enjoyable. But, you do what you gotta do when you travel for work.

Outside of the *gasp* Harry's razor....
Yeah, I know. But it's better than a Gillette monstrosity. I can't even use those things (3, 4, or 5 blade) without getting lots of redness and irritation.

I love the idea of doing the travel series, though. That's something that people don't think about when they get into this hobby, how to travel with their gear.
I did a very indepth video on this topic at the old site. I'll likely re-do that video for TSC eventually.

Oh weird. I’d have figured it’d be fine, checked with luggage and no blades. But then, I haven’t flown in ages. Bummer!
Now we're talking about 2 completely different things. As I said in the video, I only traveled with 1 carry-on bag. So what I was saying, is that a shavette would not be TSA compliant in a carry on. You can bring any razor you want, all the blades you want, straight razor, doesn't matter, if it's in a checked bag.

I can see I really need to do that full travel video soon.

Now we're talking about 2 completely different things. As I said in the video, I only traveled with 1 carry-on bag. So what I was saying, is that a shavette would not be TSA compliant in a carry on. You can bring any razor you want, all the blades you want, straight razor, doesn't matter, if it's in a checked bag.

I can see I really need to do that full travel video soon.

Haha, soon indeed! So poor clueless saps like me...get a clue! ?

Just getting around to your video KJ. Excellent!

On a side note...Man! Your new way of eating is really working well for you! You are looking good my man! I know it's just your face that I see, but it is much leaner and your skin looks a lot better. In fact you look younger and just over all healthier! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Don! I feel so much better too. It’s amazing how much different I feel. I never thought I could lose weight, eating foods I love, and gel so good, all at the same time.

I broke one of the rules of phone video recording, and didn’t put my phone in airplane mode. A pop up came on my screen, so I actually couldn’t see that I had cut myself until I rewatched the video. It was on a mole, and that happens all the time with aggressive razors.

Nice review KJ and thanks for showing the other 2 razors, I had not seen those before. The mongoose looks similar to the Razorock silver hawk I had (and didn’t think much of) but I’m sure it has a better feel.

You mention injector blades, but it takes the AC doesn’t it? I thought the smooth design was a bit odd myself. I’d think a little soap on that thing and it’s likely to slip. But I’ve never used it.

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. But awesome video. I appreciate the comparisons between the razors. I too found the geometry of El Jefe a little odd. Are any of those that you have had or tried that takes the Feather Injector less aggressive?

Oh, and thanks for the shout out!

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. But awesome video. I appreciate the comparisons between the razors. I too found the geometry of El Jefe a little odd. Are any of those that you have had or tried that takes the Feather Injector less aggressive?

Oh, and thanks for the shout out!

Not to steal the show and his answer might be different. But the Colonial General is the best one I've used.

You mention injector blades, but it takes the AC doesn’t it? I thought the smooth design was a bit odd myself. I’d think a little soap on that thing and it’s likely to slip. But I’ve never used it.
Feather AC blades are injector blades!

See that little nub? It lines up with the hole in the end of the AC razor.

And John told me after the fact, that the handle is not an iKon. He only bought the head, and put a Joris handle on it.

Are any of those that you have had or tried that takes the Feather Injector less aggressive?
The Mongoose is the least aggressive one I have.

My VLOG has been lacking lately. Many videos I want to do, but I just bought a new phone/camera, so working on getting that all set up and happy with things. More to come soon!

Not to steal the show and his answer might be different. But the Colonial General is the best one I've used.
Feather AC blades are injector blades!

See that little nub? It lines up with the hole in the end of the AC razor.

And John told me after the fact, that the handle is not an iKon. He only bought the head, and put a Joris handle on it.
The Mongoose is the least aggressive one I have.

Thanks guys!

Back