The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

I say say leave the hair color surprise for the next video. Hope the hike is/was fun. The views are sure to be spectacular!

Oh, never heard that expression. Well me and one of the Air Force guys I work with.

Do you each have your own room? Or do you have to double up?

Always match your hair colour to your favorite Hawaiian shirt I always say!

Nice shave, Just a point, you don't have to loosen the doors to adjust the Fatboy.
I have always been told that you did. I tried to adjust it once while closed and it didn’t seem to want to move so I always opened it. Of course I rarely change the setting anyway.

Always match your hair colour to your favorite Hawaiian shirt I always say!
This guy gets it!

I have always been told that you did. I tried to adjust it once while closed and it didn’t seem to want to move so I always opened it. Of course I rarely change the setting anyway.

Its an oft repeated mantra but the original manuals I’ve seen said nothing about it. Cap however has also said that he noticed no differences in the mechanisms or functionality either way. Not quite am sure where the idea to loosen the doors began or if there is evidence to it. The tension difference is noticeable though when adjusting open/closed.

Old wives tale. Nothing is mentioned in the literature. Capt has torn apart and repaired so many of these and he has said that there is no harm in adjusting while closed. But it doesn't hurt to loosen the doors either if you want to.
1f60b.png

Hey where is the purple hair picture?

While I never completely open the doors, I've always been told to have the 1/4 lock released on my slim. Are you saying the Fatboy does not need to have the 1/4 turn lock released either or just not need to open the doors as KJ did in the video? Curious as I want to get a fatboy down the road.

While I never completely open the doors, I've always been told to have the 1/4 lock released on my slim. Are you saying the Fatboy does not need to have the 1/4 turn lock released either or just not need to open the doors as KJ did in the video? Curious as I want to get a fatboy down the road.

The word is that it’s entirely preference. Some swear by one way, some the other. Same split opinions on storing the adjustables for a long time in locked position.

As Chris said, it isn't going to harm the razor to keep it fully closed while adjusting. It also doesn't harm the razor if you loosen it first.

Thanks guys, I'll probably continue to release the qtr turn out of habit. I never worried about storage when locked when that debate was raging I tried to release and store it. Started shaving with it loose and once realized I never loosened again. Thanks again

Hah, the hair is rockin man! Looks good.

Thank you for readjusting your camera part way through, you were slowly sliding off camera lol.
1f602.png

Good shave.

A friend of ours tells us there are a million and three ways to prepare spam there on the islands. Lovely Spam... Wonderful Spam! Great to take a marginally unfamiliar razor on vacation to add adventure! Excellent!

Back