The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Nice shave KJ. Yeah, my face always feels raw even after a what I think is a good shave too. Happened yesterday to me with my single ring. That from on my phone looked like the 164 Goodwill. Same as I just sold. They are harder to find.

Nice video KJ !
1st - I did post and call you out hoping to elicit comment/discussion and find out why (Halloween or a Goth thing or another reason) but you ignored it and no on else commented so I changed my post thinking I may have crossed a line and didn't want to hurt feelings of people I care about. ? Hey, they're your fingers. Do what ya want with them ?

2nd - I had a US Army razor as well as a nearly mint and Complete Khaki Set. They were actually both issued to soldiers. It was the Metal Service Sets that were for sale thru retailers like Sears
http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_1153449

I didn’t ignore it, I was actually just waiting for more comments.

If if I was worried about hurt feelings, I wouldn’t have worn it on camera.

Ive come to expect some ribbing from this crowd, and look forward to it.

It’s a combo of #2 and #3. I thought “what the f...” but then immediately it was the guy with the mohawk, has pet spiders and collects creepy dolls has black nails. Shouldn’t be surprised. I mean hey, if you feel more comfortable fitting in with the 1980s high school goth girl crowd, more power to ya!
1f606.png

Honestly, one of the best shaves I’ve had in my entire life.... from a 100 year old razor. I still can’t believe how smooth my face is!

Very nice Video KJ. shirtl looks good, Like the Goth it fits you!

I will most definitely ride the cap on my next try with the Micromatic. I will do the same with the Ultralights. Wow those blades are sharp! An aside. Although I spent most of my career at Air Bases, I was actually in the Army. I prefer Air Force chow anyway.

Okay all caught up. And I noticed the fingers and took an approach similar to Dave of the Nurse variety.

I am pretty sure I've seen "goth KJ" before, whether it was on the forums or in my head. I'll second Xeno's comment, Goth suits you. It like a fedora, if you OWN it then the look just works, if you don't own it you look like a poser or dweeb (hello 1990's lingo). I'd say you own it just fine.

Funny, I haven't gone back to listen to older videos but I am still hearing a rasp or growl in your voice post sx. No reason to think it won't return to "normal" but I am surprised to still hear it.

I am pretty sure I've seen "goth KJ" before, whether it was on the forums or in my head. I'll second Xeno's comment, Goth suits you. It like a fedora, if you OWN it then the look just works, if you don't own it you look like a poser or dweeb (hello 1990's lingo). I'd say you own it just fine.

Funny, I haven't gone back to listen to older videos but I am still hearing a rasp or growl in your voice post sx. No reason to think it won't return to "normal" but I am surprised to still hear it.

Thanks. I’m pretty sure I posted an old college pic of me in full goth, with green hair. It was probably on FB, where you saw it.

The voice is getting better, a little tiny bit each day. Doc said 4-6 weeks for complete recovery though, so it’s a work in progress.

Goth is an ok look for you, so long as you don't go with the giant gauged ears and pierced lips that might interfere with proper shaving.. XD

Back