The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Great to see you back in front of the camera doing the shave thing! Looking forward to your continued recovery and how you are learning the lectures. Man! I have the book and it looks daunting!

Happy to see you back in pictures. And thank you for sharing the update. I’m already wishing I didn’t commit to one brand of soap for the week. I can smell the oatmeal now.

Saw a bourbon you'd like and hope to nab it by end of the month. Flavored with honey as well as habanero and ghost peppers. Made by Knoxville Whiskey Works

Nice shave KJ. You handle that razor like it's a techmatic.......and I mean that as a compliment !
Thanks. I tried to talk about it in the video, but I never understood folks saying the old types are aggressive, because I find them very mild!

Enjoyed the video and the brush is a beaut!

Voice didn't sound as scratchy today.

two KJ videos in one day? Well I never!

Yes you are correct the newer models of XXX are supposed to smell similar but not quite the same. The XXX Duro formula is very good, and the best scent wise compared to the tub you got. Sadly I 3017ed my tub of the XXX AdP awhile ago. Your lather looked very dry, good call on adding more water.

Ok the last three videos are viewed. I think you got a sub-par shave with the Weck SE razor though it didn't look enjoyable so you should send that razor to me for safe keeping and so it doesn't fall into someones hands that thinks it would shave well. (translation is I now have a SE razor i need to find one of because i want it.)

two KJ videos in one day? Well I never!
LOL, actually the first was just uploaded later in the day yesterday. I’m sleeping in, so I don’t get around to my videos until later, plus yesterday I got into tearing my fence out before I uploaded the video.

Nice video KJ. Before you said it I was thinking you got sunburned. Hope the recovery continues as well as it has thus far.

Back