The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

DR Harris does something similar with their wood bowl packaging, it’s a thin sticker that extends off the lid of the bowl and keeps it attached to the bowl body during transit, otherwise it’d just fall right off because it’s a lid, not a screw down top or anything.

Decent shave. Hope the next impresses a bit more!

AnimMALIC buddy, animalic. I think you're getting the same thing I am. Will be curious about your thought on the Smoked Tea and if you get the same thing there.

Yeah, I knew I didn't have the word quite right. It's a weird note, that only popped in every now and then. Most of the time it wasn't there, then suddenly, I was like what is that??

Overall, I didn't dislike the scent, I just found it to be flat.

Yeah, I knew I didn't have the word quite right. It's a weird note, that only popped in every now and then. Most of the time it wasn't there, then suddenly, I was like what is that??

Overall, I didn't dislike the scent, I just found it to be flat.

He doesn’t like GTB and now this is flat maybe a broken sniffer! Lol just kidding KJ I really like the scent and I get citrus a bit more than you did I think. It is really nice as far as the slickness goes in my water. Thanks for your video and impressions just goes to show how wildly variable this hobby can be from one person to the next!

Up and shaving early! I will have to watch this in a bit. I've been sneaking some videos in at work as of late while I do some of my more mundane tasks.

Yeah keeping it clean takes time compared to my other razors and I give it extra attention usually. I take it apart every shave and wash/dry each part and put together again for next shave which keeps the patina growing evenly. A little toothpaste cleaning removes and evens stains from water or soap. I'll clean it good when it gets back. Nice shave KJ !!

Up and shaving early! I will have to watch this in a bit. I've been sneaking some videos in at work as of late while I do some of my more mundane tasks.
Whether I am at home or at work, that how I always watch videos. It's on in the background, while I'm doing something else. 90% of what I need to get from the video come from the audio anyway. Sometimes I'll rewind to see something if I missed it.

Yeah keeping it clean takes time compared to my other razors and I give it extra attention usually. I take it apart every shave and wash/dry each part and put together again for next shave which keeps the patina growing evenly. A little toothpaste cleaning removes and evens stains from water or soap. I'll clean it good when it gets back. Nice shave KJ !!
Thanks. That's way too maintenance intensive for me to sustain in the long term. I'm just too lazy with my gear. I think my patina would grow, very quickly!

Thanks. That's way too maintenance intensive for me to sustain in the long term. I'm just too lazy with my gear. I think my patina would grow, very quickly!
Of course there's always rinsing more during shave so it doesn't build up under it too ?

Good to see you're getting your priorities straight!

Interesting your perception of the soap smell. I must be sensitive to something in her base that throws my nose off as I got no tea what so ever, and more funk like you described with the Doc Holiday.

Good shave KJ. Wow GD really did impress you, right up toward the top of your list already!

About the LNHC Tea, do you think the scents put in are actually lost? Or do you think the scent put in arecwhat make up the smoked black tea scent? I mean I know some soaps have scents that are meant to be picked out, but others are mixed really well, right?

About the LNHC Tea, do you think the scents put in are actually lost? Or do you think the scent put in arecwhat make up the smoked black tea scent? I mean I know some soaps have scents that are meant to be picked out, but others are mixed really well, right?
I have no idea. What is happening to the scents. The scent note listing on the wesite, should be a listing of what individual scents are going into it. Since black tea is an "ingredient", I don't think the other stuff is intended to give the effect of Tea, it's just in there. And the smoke scent will come from the Cade.

Between Dave's and My thoughts, maybe the base is heavy and has a scent of it's own, and that is covering up some of the notes. I really can't say for sure what is going on, other than to say that there is a lot in there that I just don't smell.

Im with you on overly complex scents. I have a simple nose and it doesn't pick up the nuances of complex things. Really enjoying your Vlog

Another good review KJ! I'm remaining cautiously optimistic with the LNHC soaps inbound. I have the black tea, so I'm very curious to smell in person what you were. Performance sounds good however.

Thanks for the thoughts on the karve as well...

Good video KJ. Sorry the soap and razor weren't working for you. Just an observation. Never understood why when someone is trying a, say new to them razor or soap they would add other variables that will muddy the experiment and final conclusion. I understand you have a lot of stuff you are trying to get thru and that's probably why you needed to do that, but if a soap isn't slick enough for you, you can't really tell what the razor is doing for you compared to if you had a soap that was working up to par for you as a known performer would. I'm not saying that would make the razor work for you, but it certainly doesn't give it a chance to either. Anyway, just my thoughts on reviewing any item. Not trying to make you like the razor or soap. We all have different preferences and that's what makes this adventure cool. Hope you have a great day !!

No, Dave, you are exactly right. Normally I would like to just change one variable at a time. I am trying to do a lot and condense some reviews, because I have a lot to still get to. I don’t think it is to any detriment, as I think I have a grasp of each well enough to decide.

Shocked to see you didn't get the slickness. That was one thing I felt was really good about the soap. I will be continuing to review as well. But so far I am pretty happy with this soap!

Back