The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

My pleasure! Glad you could experience them and find at least one that was a winner.

When I’m 80 and have finally used up all my soaps...looks like Williams will be my money saving choice! Lol. Do you keep yours in a vintage mug for use?

Sorry KJ...I am woefully behind on your videos. But good news! I will have about eight hours on the road that I can catch up on them tomorrow!

...looks like Williams will be my money saving choice! Lol. Do you keep yours in a vintage mug for use?
Usually. But sometimes I just throw it into an empty tub. I prefer it to be sealed. I hydrate the puck well before using, and I don't like it to dry out inbetween shaves.

Sorry KJ...I am woefully behind on your videos. But good news! I will have about eight hours on the road that I can catch up on them tomorrow!
Road Trip! Glad to join you don!

Thanks for the shout out and the puck of Williams. I ordered a couple more just to have around now. I put mine in an empty M&M's coffee mug i had but the mug is way way bigger than the soap puck.

Thanks for the shout out and the puck of Williams. I ordered a couple more just to have around now. I put mine in an empty M&M's coffee mug i had but the mug is way way bigger than the soap puck.

Using a mug that is the "correct" diameter for the puck, is going to make it very difficult to lather, since coffee mugs are so tall. The Williams Armetale shaving mug is nice to use because it is wider at the top and facilities the movement of the brush. Old Spice Mugs are also nice because they are shallow.

Good stuff as always KJ!

You got most of the notes but there is also honeysuckle and freesia in it .Sorry the scent wasn't for you. But that Icarus soap base is a really great shave!

Good stuff as always KJ!

You got most of the notes but there is also honeysuckle and freesia in it .Sorry the scent wasn't for you. But that Icarus soap base is a really great shave!

Thanks, I didn't see those listed when I looked it up. I totally forgot this was the Icarus base. Now that you say that I'm a little disappointed with it. I expected the Icarus base to be better. It was good in all regards, but I didn't feel that it excelled in all of them.

Finally got caught up...some really interesting stuff! I'll try not to get so far behind.

Thanks for the shoutout!

Good v-log plans for the future. It’ll be really fun to see you be able to use your many different razors!

Man! You don’t know how to make a bad video! You could almost be a TV show!
1f4fa.png
Thanks Rich..... But c'mon, I'm not that good......

Good v-log plans for the future. It’ll be really fun to see you be able to use your many different razors!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it..... if this dang techmatic would ever give out!

Wow I was behind. Had to watch 4 videos! All caught up now! Keep em coming!!!

Back