The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Pretty cool stuf KJ. I've only done it off tall buildings dropping onto plank of wood to sit on, on my way down but had to clean the windows on the way down too. The forward run down face first was cool!

KJ posts videos from his phone = KJ has his phone with him = KJ makes us wait for the next shaving video??

I'm sure your supervisor will understand once you explain your fans are waiting.

Nice video KJ. Wow, I expected you to perhaps not like the blade feel since you prefer milder razors,but have to say I'm shocked you didn't feel more efficiency (NO better then the Rockwell) I am more careful with the Timeless with the blade feel but it's light-years ahead for a closer shave for me. That being said, it is what it is for you and I always appreciate you doing honest reviews of how it feels to you. Thanks.

Only way to get a smoother Timeless is to get a straight bar with the .68 gap at least with the stainless models.

Thanks for the road test with that one. Saved me some heart ache, or at least some razor burn.

Those were some pretty fancy sound effects today. Always something new.

Nice video KJ. Wow, I expected you to perhaps not like the blade feel since you prefer milder razors,but have to say I'm shocked you didn't feel more efficiency (NO better then the Rockwell) I am more careful with the Timeless with the blade feel but it's light-years ahead for a closer shave for me. That being said, it is what it is for you and I always appreciate you doing honest reviews of how it feels to you. Thanks.

Only way to get a smoother Timeless is to get a straight bar with the .68 gap at least with the stainless models.
I was really surprised I didn’t get a better shave. I know you told me it was aggressive, but the way Chad talked about how smooth and efficient it was, I expected better.

I would never ever buy an open comb, as I usually don’t like them. But looking at the design, I didn’t expect it to make a difference, but maybe that’s it.

Like I said, there were other factors at play.... blade & soap. I’ll change them for the next shave, and give it another go, and will avoid the ATG pass.

This is the rash on my neck at 5pm today from the razor attacking me!

Thanks for the road test with that one. Saved me some heart ache, or at least some razor burn.
Your Mileage May Vary!

OMG, sorry man. I never get that. Don't feel like you have to use it again. I've never used the straight bar but may at some point.

It looks like the Rockwell plate 5 is a .69 mm gap. Plate 4 is .61 mm and the plate 6 is .79.

It looks like the .68 Timeless plate is the mildest plate they have.

Great video! Like Dave said...appreciate your honest reviews.

By the way...I love the new sound effects!
1f60e.png

It looks like the Rockwell plate 5 is a .69 mm gap. Plate 4 is .61 mm and the plate 6 is .79.

It looks like the .68 Timeless plate is the mildest plate they have.

Great video! Like Dave said...appreciate your honest reviews.

By the way...I love the new sound effects!
1f60e.png
Thanks for stealing my thunder, Don!

So I have shaved with both the .68 Timeless and the .95. I remember the .95 being way too harsh for me. But I had a real nice shave with the .68...hmm, maybe it was just dumb luck. Anyway...it's very interesting.

So I have shaved with both the .68 Timeless and the .95. I remember the .95 being way too harsh for me. But I had a real nice shave with the .68...hmm, maybe it was just dumb luck. Anyway...it's very interesting.
OC or Closed?

Yeah, stop it Don. Let's let KJ explain in the video that blade gap is only 1 factor to consider and that other values come into play too.
1f608.png

OC or Closed?

Actually, now that you say it...I may have tried both. It was almost two years ago I think. The setup I was borrowing had a both plates and different heads and handles. I will see if I can find the information and get back to you. But If I remember correctly, I think the closed comb was a significantly different feel. I will see what I can dig up.

Back