The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Interesting comments. I withheld my thoughts till I got your take on it. If you checked the other neighborhood and the pass around thread you'd see I had similar thoughts going from 4 to 5. I felt 5 was less smooth without any step up in efficiency to make up for being a less comfortable level and that I was better off with the 4 plate and more touch up which could be done because of being more comfortable. I stated there that 4 was the sweet spot for me, Having said that the 5 as time went by has become my daily driver and is basically a mindless shave for me.

I will say this that if you had to really pay attention to the 5, I definitely recommend you be mindful and pay attention when using the Timeless. I don't have any problems but do pay more attention to number of passes and pressure because it is sooo much more efficient. Nothing to fear but want you to enjoy it and not get caught off guard and open spigots of red.

Yes, I would think the shave would be closer the more aggressive you get too. Well hey guys, 5 was aggressive and he's using 6 tomorrow. Could be exciting!

Oh man...you can hear that razor scraping off your skin! But great video! Thanks for biting the bullet for the rest of us!

Oh man...you can hear that razor scraping off your skin! But great video! Thanks for biting the bullet for the rest of us!

Keep in mind Don that this razor is VERY audible. You definitely hear it cutting which I like but that's not scraping his skin. It may have been a harsher feel for KJ but not because of what you heard. You'll see when you try it out what I mean. Just don't want people watching to equate the feedback from the razor to scraping of skin and get the wrong idea about it.

Keep in mind Don that this razor is VERY audible. You definitely hear it cutting which I like but that's not scraping his skin. It may have been a harsher feel for KJ but not because of what you heard. You'll see when you try it out what I mean. Just don't want people watching to equate the feedback from the razor to scraping of skin and get the wrong idea about it.

Yeah sorry...I didn't really mean what I said...I'll be a little more careful with what I say next time. Aggressiveness is definitely a thing of preference.

Yeah sorry...I didn't really mean what I said...I'll be a little more careful with what I say next time. Aggressiveness is definitely a thing of preference.
No worries. I'm not the post monitor. No need to apologize. While watching and hearing the feedback I was thinking I know it can be load but wow. His sound works great on his videos. Please be upfront and honest with your feelings when you review it.

His sound works great on his videos.
Im amazed myself at how much sound is picked up from my shaves. Not just with the Rockwell, but all my shaves. I think it’s louder on the video than what I hear when I’m actually shaving.

Yeah, I forgot th aftershave before I cut the video again. I’m giving up on trying to recover from that. If my counter wasn’t such a mess right now, I could probably keep track better....

https://youtu.be/b3hwVDxkO9o

Took a couple licks for shave science today. Good job!

The whole deal must have really had you apprehensive lol, this was quite a different tone from your usual videos. Glad you survived it!

Really cool about the meetup plans! I hope it works out!

Sorry man, rough shave for you but amusing video for us. Kudos for suffering through. You deserve your choice of shave tomorrow.

Geez man I literally was laughing out load and paused the video to come post at about the 2 minute mark. The revulsion reaction was hysterical. Why pick a crummy soap scent to use when testing a razor you don't want to use is beyond me. Get a tried and true performer when nervous about the shave instrument but you didn't even have to use 6 if you didn't want. Going to grab a beer and some beef jerky as this is gotta be a unique video from you coming up and I want to enjoy it. Back in a second after watching it.............................

Nice job KJ and you came to the same conclusion as me. Really 4 was my sweet spot even though I have been running 5 daily as of late, I think in hopes it would become more efficient as I used it more but hearing your thoughts confirms what I had thought and posted in my reviews of the pass around. Up tick in plates didn't yield anymore efficiency after plate 4 as if it maxed out there but was at least comfortable enough that I could do cleanups without irritation. I enjoy the Rockwell as a mindless shaver but also noticed I would have stubble appear much sooner after a shave compared to the Karve and Timeless which yield closer shaves for me.

Sorry man, rough shave for you but amusing video for us. Kudos for suffering through.
My goal is to educate and entertain with my videos. So if you were amused, then I did my job.

but also noticed I would have stubble appear much sooner after a shave compared to the Karve and Timeless which yield closer shaves for me.
Looking forward to comparing for myself!

Why pick a crummy soap scent to use when testing a razor you don't want to use is beyond me. Get a tried and true performer when nervous about the shave instrument......
Nah, tried & true would have been boring. I intentionally brought the two together because It made for good “TV”, LOL.

I’ve got Tiki The Captain aftershave balm. I don’t get any of those scents listed, it’s quite a muddled mix, but it does have a nice, intense menthol burn and does a good job moisturizing/repairing.

Back