The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Glad you’re having a good time working out there! Safe travels back home.

I went to Vegas once when I was younger with my parents. It has a lot of neat things, but the quite open underbelly of the city and seedy nightlife we experienced was enough to make me not want to return unfortunately.

Lime Sandalwood? Yes Please! Great Shave KJ! I am always amazed at the efficiency of your shaves. Also, this was a quick video, which I appreciate. Now if I can figure out how to abbreviate my videos I will be all set!

We can read between the lines. Area 51, got it. Do you get to take the unmarked white planes there?

Iwent to Vegas once when I was younger with my parents. It has a lot of neat things, but the quite open underbelly of the city and seedy nightlife we experienced was enough to make me not want to return unfortunately.
I’ve been coming here for almost 15 years, and it has changed a lot in that time. Mostly all for the better, and it’s way more family friendly than it used to be.

Lime Sandalwood? Yes Please!
Right?!?

We can read between the lines. Area 51, got it. Do you get to take the unmarked white planes there?

First of all thanks for going through all that I sent you and posting first impressions on all of them. I am most happy that you are a fan of Beehive! I absolutely love that soap and now I have one other person who agrees with me.

As to your TSA slip up. I am facing a similar dilemma. I pulled out my Gillette Guard which is what I like to travel with and realized I have no blades. I am not checking a bag so I am packing a DE and will run down to the local drug store near the hotel and pick up some DE blades. Next week's shaves could be interesting!

Great video KJ! Sorry the Timeless didn't work out for you, but at least you didn't have to spend $250 or more to find out. I also am not a huge B&M fan. They just seem to be on the average side of things for me.

Must be motorcycle to work day!

Good shave. I kinda figured it wouldn’t be a stand out soap performance wise. The sample was a pass-on to me and is of undetermined age, I’m not a big fan of B&M soaps either, even their Reserve line is lackluster to me. I just figured the scent was interesting enough to continue the pass-along.

What the heck is this about a 2 day work week after traveling to Vegas...sounds stressful! ?

Nice video KJ. Not a big B&M fan but have the Promises soap and splash and reach for it at times. Glad you at least got some decent shaves with the Timeless. TSA made me ditch a can of edge which was too big coming back from Puerto Rico. They are definitely hit or miss.

First of all thanks for going through all that I sent you and posting first impressions on all of them. I am most happy that you are a fan of Beehive! I absolutely love that soap and now I have one other person who agrees with me.
Definitely, and I've been passing out a few samples as well.

Must be motorcycle to work day!
Indeed! Funny thing is, I spiked my mohawk Monday morning before I left for the airport, and I didn't touch my hair or do anything to it until this morning. Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning I woke up and still had a perfect Mohawk!

Great shave KJ and congrats to your eldest daughter.

From West Coast Shaving Site
  • Notes of Yuzu, Citrus Accord, Basil, Clove, Haitian Vetiver

Description

This Northern California artisan, Mohammad, started Grooming Dept in 2017. With formulations that include duck fat, donkey milk, and lamb & beef tallow, as well as a vegan base, he is turning heads. Check out some of his offerings and phenomenal scents.

This vegan-base is putting Grooming Dept on the map. Loaded with coconut milk, castor oil, kokum butter, shea butter, safflower oil, cupuacu butter, jojoba oil, babassu oil, and so much more, it is moisturizing and skin nourishing. And additional oils, extracts, and kaolin clay just make it all the better.

This bright, refreshing aroma takes it lead – and its name – from a Japanese citrus, Yuzu. Similar to grapefruit, yuzu, gives this citrus top note along with other citrus accords. Basil gives it a green airiness, while vetiver grounds it with a woody depth. There is a nearly undetectable clove note that just deepens the fragrance with some warmth.

He forgot the witch hazel...

Fun shave with the Techmatic! Glad the Yuzu performed decently.

• Yuzu - Vegan base: Scent notes: Yuzu, Citrus Accord, Basil, Clove, Haitian Vetiver

Thanks guys. Good to know this is a different base. I’ll need to be sure to look up the others before I use them to adequately compare them.

All the notes and bases should be in your messages still if you haven’t deleted them. I’ll be happy to resend them if you need them.

Sweet mercy, he rubbed the veg right over his lips!

Lots of variables in that shave, glad it turned out to be a good one. I didn’t even think about those having date codes. I’ll have to look at the ones I have.

Back