The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Good video and appreciate your thoughts esp on the Humphreys. Cost doesn't concern me as a bottle lasts sooo long but it makes sense to dilute it down as a pre AS and Witch Hazel would be the thing to use. Again, thanks for your take on it.

Good stuff again KJ! Tiki the Captain had a huge following a few years back. Mostly from the scent. I like the scent okay...but it's not my favorite. The soap I think has a really good lather, but otherwise very average. Probably a Tier 2 on Chad's scale. The owner had a really hard time and keeping up with orders and I believe "temporarily" shut down. Fast forward a couple of years and Ron from Groomatorium made an agreement with Tiki to produce and sell Tiki soaps. Smart on his part I think. Anyway, I believe you can find all the Tiki soaps on Groomatorium.

And thanks for the shout out!

Fast forward a couple of years and Ron from Groomatorium made an agreement with Tiki to produce and sell Tiki soaps. Smart on his part I think. Anyway, I believe you can find all the Tiki soaps on Groomatorium.
Ah, that makes sense. I though it was weird that Groomatorium and Tiki websites were both down, said they were moving, and reopening in August. I didn’t realize they were connected.

And after my shave I realized that even though it was pleasant, the scent of the captain, really wasn’t for me. One more to Re-PIF!

Ah, that makes sense. I though it was weird that Groomatorium and Tiki websites were both down, said they were moving, and reopening in August. I didn’t realize they were connected.

I think the arrangement is something like they make and sell the soap and Tiki gets a portion of the sales...or something like that.

I am loving you going back to the Rockwell one more time. This series of shaves is actually really helping me out a bit. I may have missed it...but did you give some final thoughts on the soap? I know you said the lather was excellent...it sure seemed like it from my view point. I also remember you liking the scent of it...and the residual slickness wasn't really there unless you added more water. Anything else?

Glad you got to see and spend time with the kids! Seems like you have had a really nice summer with them!

Nice honest review KJ. I got mine for $70 so finding a deal makes it more enticing for sure. Some say the 6c is slightly more efficient on a lower plate. Personally, I don't get that. I feel it's the same or less. The difference being the head is lighter and changes the feel of the razor for me since the head is not Stainless Steel but Zamak and chromed. Glad you're going for another shave with it. Might as well while it's there
1f44d.png

but did you give some final thoughts on the soap? I know you said the lather was excellent...it sure seemed like it from my view point. I also remember you liking the scent of it...and the residual slickness wasn't really there unless you added more water. Anything else?
Not yet, there are 3 Cherry City soaps. So I’ll be working my way through them all first.

Sorry Guys, I have a video today, but it didn't upload in time to get posted this morning. Will have to finish it after work. Just didn't want you thinking I missed it or forgot.

Sorry Guys, I have a video today, but it didn't upload in time to get posted this morning. Will have to finish it after work. Just didn't want you thinking I missed it or forgot.
Well.....now what!??!

Now the anticipation will just have to build as you wonder how my first shave with the Timeless went!
I am actually looking forward to that. I have some idea a Timeless might be the next big purchase I try to get the wife to agree to.

Back