The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Yeah, stop it Don. Let's let KJ explain in the video that blade gap is only 1 factor to consider and that other values come into play too.
1f608.png
You trying to steal the thunder as well?

just got caught up. Love the rappelling video. I still have all of my climbing gear, but I haven't been in probably almost 8 years now.

I got to try a timeless a while back. All heads and plates. I was so excited to get to try it out and was looking forward to an awesome shave from all the praise it got. Got it in hand and it was beautiful. Then I shaved with it... I was very underwhelmed with the performance. It just didn't impress me at all. I think I was the only person in that thread that wasn't singing it praises and that was even more disappointing because I was actually planning on trying to swing getting one up to that point.

The look and feel in hand are great, but I think it would just sit on my shelf because I didn't really enjoy using it.

Anyway. Great vids!

The look and feel in hand are great, but I think it would just sit on my shelf because I didn't really enjoy using it.

Anyway. Great vids!
Thanks. I definitely don't enjoy it any more than the Rockwell. It looks cooler, but it feels about the same in my hand, so it would not be work any extra expense to me.

Hey, HE lives to fight another day. At least you gave it a chance with a decent soap today.
1f61c.png
Good job KJ. The straight bar and smooth cap would probably be more to your liking if anything from them would. Chad has the scalloped.

Just watched the part about blade gaps. Very interesting and just makes things more frustrating for buying a razor. Clearly you can’t just find a gap that works for you and know that’s what you order for a new razor. Which gets back to expensive razor being difficult to purchase and know you’ll like what you get.

That Mountain Rain is some rank stuff. I have NO idea how you can use that stuff........just kidding. Nice shave and review KJ

Clearly you can’t just find a gap that works for you and know that’s what you order for a new razor. Which gets back to expensive razor being difficult to purchase and know you’ll like what you get.

Yeah, It's a main factor, but just one of many that goes into aggressiveness and smoothness of a razor. It's a bit frustrating, but also why there are so many options, which means a longer hunt, but a greater chance of finding something that is perfect for us.

If blade gap alone was the only factor, it'd be easy, sure. But I think also, a little boring.

Just watched your last video. Ok brother, I’ll give it a shot. Your description reminds me somewhat of shaving with the RX. If I’m not thinking about the pressure, it’s easy for it to get too aggressive, but making sure I’m nice and slow gives some of the best shaves.

Hope you get back to using scents you like soon. This reminds me of soap passarounds and how they make it very clear that there are many more scents out there that I don’t like than I do.

Just watched your last video. Ok brother, I’ll give it a shot. Your description reminds me somewhat of shaving with the RX. If I’m not thinking about the pressure, it’s easy for it to get too aggressive, but making sure I’m nice and slow gives some of the best shaves.

Hope you get back to using scents you like soon. This reminds me of soap passarounds and how they make it very clear that there are many more scents out there that I don’t like than I do.
Good to hear Dave !!

Good update KJ. Safe travels!

Sharp Shop sounds like fun. Looking forward to the photos/video!

Okay wow! That was a lot of KJ to catch up on. I'll be honest I skipped some parts, and walked out of the office and let it run in the background at times but I am through the videos. So here's some comments.

1. I am not sure whether to be happy or not. But in regards to the Cherry City at least you confirmed my confusion. I was pretty much exact same opinions as you.
2. Geez that lather on the razor! I am just waiting for it to hit the ground, you slip, and crack your head open. Please don't do that though LOL.
3. As to the Timeless I think the first shave was so rough because of the Soap used honestly. The shaves did seem to get better though.
4. Did Dave in KY really just talk negatively about Mountain Rain! What is going on around this joint?!
1f621.png

5. Viking Old Norse is their version of barbershop. I think I remember comparing it to Stirling's. Being on the sweeter side.

Great tour of the shop! Gallon sized AS jugs, holy moly!

Interesting thoughts on the cheaper end of SRs. There seems to be a consensus in other places that they do indeed make decent razors, though they may require a bit more maintenance.

Back