The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spaghetti Western Shaving

Thanks Dave. It may have just been the filming angle i felt like i had it pretty flat but next shave i will be sure to pay more attention to that. and yeah my lathers were always slick but lacked much cushion. Now i am starting to get a good balance of both.
I knew you always said your lathers were slick and that's why I never said anything before. It looked much better though. Hopefully gets you more good post shave feel too. Heading in for my shave now that I'm semi awake.....

Whew! I had never used a Gem when I tried that razor the first time. It really savaged my neck because I didn’t ride the cap! Took a week to heal! Excellent you got it by the tail.

Rich and I agree. The GEM is not meant to be shaved with.

GEMs are great shavers. The more recent models are much milder than the MMOC and ClogPruf. The secret is to totally ride the cap. Keep the big flat part of the head completely in contact with your face. Then use the lightest of light pressure. The older GEMs can be very much like straights on a stick, but with thinner and stiffer blades.

Take your time with them and resist the urge to lift the cap off of your face. You will get there eventually.

Whew! I had never used a Gem when I tried that razor the first time. It really savaged my neck because I didn’t ride the cap! Took a week to heal! Excellent you got it by the tail.

Ouch! Only thing I had trouble stopping was the mole but I do that every so often regardless of what I'm using.

And yeah gonna make sure I ride the cap next shave. May or may not record it. We'll see

Alright Kyle. Getting caught up. Enjoyed the 3 soaps 1 bowl, the speed shave with a straight... brave. Getting to the $1 razor next

Thanks for watching. Here's another one for the pile.
1f601.png

https://youtu.be/W7WggPF2_UY

Just got around to watching the video. Thanks for doing this. Looks much easier than I thought it would be. I just need to get some more stones.

Dude, ouch. My wife says A for effort. I say give it another shot with more water. ;)

Warning, This video is probably very boring after pass 1. i just ran out of stuff i was gonna talk about and kinda zoned. Probably didn't help that everything in the world wanted to wake me up today when i was trying to sleep.

Back