The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fri 5th SOTD
Soap Stirling Baker Street
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor GC.84-P SB on Yaqi Handle
Blade PearlMax Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Really nice scent from the soap even before lathering. The pleasant scent remains consistent throughout the session. Creamy and slick too.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. It was smooth and comfortable until the last part...atg on chin & lips area. Still good enough for a dfs result.

20210205_070241.jpg
20210205_074311.jpg

SIDXVoK.jpg

FRIDAY ‌02/05/21 SOTD
Yates 921-M Stonewashed 3.25" Handle
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Shave Forge 24mm Silvertip Badger
Ethos /CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap
Barbasol Brisk Aftershave

One-Blade-Challenge: Day 5
Williams 3017: Day 4

Another great shave in the books. Added a touch of glycerin to the Willy and it provided some marginal improvements, but I don't feel it needs to have the "sour cream/yogurty" loft of other soaps to be good as it is so very slick. BBS yet again.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: William Mug "Wild Willy" (mixed with Avon Wild Country)
Splash: Barbasol Brisk
Balm: DC Ice Cold

20210204_185838.jpg

20210205_053423.jpg

5 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! TGIF! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get right into this Friday edition of WMRK's Morning Music with the jazz / fusion sounds of Tyranni Flock. Hope you enjoy!

Another incredible shave today!. Love the performance of the Moon soaps and Amaretto Speciale has become on of my favorite scents. This is another brand whose soaps froduce one of the best post-shave face feels I've felt. Finished with the matching balm and a spray of CO Bigelow Elixir Red. Great way to end the work week.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Moon Soap Co. "Amaretto Speciale" Shaving Cream / PAA "The Starcraft" / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Nacet
Alum / Moon Soap Co. "Amaretto Speciale" Post Shave Balm / C.O. Bigelow "Elixir Red" EdT

IMG-5335.jpg

Friday AM 2021-02-05
National Bubble Gum Day
JHLqLL0.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow) + Bulgarian Rose Absolute/Hydrosol
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Copper
Wilkinson London Bridge (11)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

The rose mix really livened up the scent of the old shaving soap, and the lather was great. Although smooth, the P075-SB razor definitely has more friction on the skin and more auditory feedback than the steel or copper P076-SB. It feels somewhat more blocky and requires more pressure to be efficient. However, the end result is exactly the same: a BBS shave. After I used the aftershave and a touch of Trumper Portugal, my wife commented that the whole area of the house smelled great.
WPN8MVn.jpg

Sat 6th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Silver Star 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Excellent lather from the soap. Awesome scent, creamy and slick quality!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was super nice! So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Grand aftershaves too...Rating 10/10!!
20210206_085753.jpg

8M7PH1L.jpg

SATURDAY ‌02/06/21 SOTD
Karve Gladius SB ‘D’ Plate / Astra Green
Yaqi‌ ‌Barber‌ ‌Pole‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌‌
CBL Fusion-Master Barber Dragon’s Pub Shaving Soap
Vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back