The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20210203-191832.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Red
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Not the smoothest of shaves but what it lacked in comfort was gained in efficiency and even regrowth!:love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

t23zClt.jpg

THURSDAY ‌02/04/21 SOTD
Gillette '40s Brit Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech #77 Set
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Shave Soap
Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Aftershave

One-Blade-Challenge: Day 4
Williams 3017: Day 3

Great shave today. I'm pretty sure the only think keeping the modern Williams from being a much thicker lather is the locally hard water. Don't get me wrong, it is good, slick and very useable, but I feel it could produce a slightly better consistency with out the mineral laden KC water. Perhaps I'll try use some bottled water as a test. BBS, no problems.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: William Mug "Wild Willy" (mixed with Avon Wild Country)
Splash: Barbasol Brisk
Balm: DC Ice Cold

20210203_190100.jpg

20210204_065702.jpg

4 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

EXCELLENT shave this morning! Popped the #4 plate on the 6S and three passes later (no touch-ups), dang near BBS results (I don't actively chase that rabbit). The Nivea "Vanilla and Bourbon" paired well with the Hemingway cream. Finished with a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb". Excellent!!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Hemingway Accoutrements Supreme Shave Crème / Oz Shaving & PAA Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Nivea DEEP "Vanilla & Bourbon" Aftershave / V&R "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-5331a.jpg

Genco Easy Aces 6/8~ Full Hollow
Vintage Aqua Velva Menthol Mist AS
444 Balm
Skinny Chilly Willy(3)
Semogue Owners Club Boar

Touched up my Genco Easy Aces on the Ancient Ocean Jasper. Gave it 30 slow laps under running water until it was sticking all over.

Great BBS today, as I continue to dial in the modern Williams mixed with Skin Bracer and Osage Rub.

47301CB6-9932-4458-9792-42F13F46FCED.jpeg
52CAC10A-7F43-4DE3-8D99-70771C35E8AF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back