The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun 7th SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana...New Soap and WoW!
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Ohhh wow! Special indeed this soap. Nice flower pattern of the soap surface. Initial smell....barely but some semblance to a cigar. Upon lathering...waaaaaa. I so happened to have a box of Cohiba cigars and the scent is quite similar but the soap the lather is stronger. Definitely unlike the sweet Cavendish nor Haverford. Really enjoyed the scent which was consistent. I would rate it at 5-5.5 out of 10 strength. Quality-wise...creamy but found slickness just ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result but somehow get 2 micro weepers. Enjoyable session. Rating 9.5/10
View attachment 46931
Nice pif, I'm in! :p :poop:

Sunday AM 2021-02-07
Super Bowl Football Day
wsylled.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (13)
Floris Santal aftershave

EnOFfQI.jpg

Sun 7th SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana...New Soap and WoW!
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Ohhh wow! Special indeed this soap. Nice flower pattern of the soap surface. Initial smell....barely but some semblance to a cigar. Upon lathering...waaaaaa. I so happened to have a box of Cohiba cigars and the scent is quite similar but the soap the lather is stronger. Definitely unlike the sweet Cavendish nor Haverford. Really enjoyed the scent which was consistent. I would rate it at 5-5.5 out of 10 strength. Quality-wise...creamy but found slickness just ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result but somehow get 2 micro weepers. Enjoyable session. Rating 9.5/10
View attachment 46931

Did you say, "Cohiba?" Yes, please, I'll have 3.... :oops:

7 February, 2021

Declaration Grooming "Epiphenomenon" Shave Soap / AKA & AP Shave Co. Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Barber's Quartet" Aftershave / Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" EdT

View attachment 46944
How is the scent on the soap? I have read this is a barbershoppy direction - which I dig

IMG-20210205-211133.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post: AP Reserve Bombora A/S Splash // Milkman Grooming Summer Waves Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back