The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three way first time with vintage Williams Tonsorial, Alt Innsbruck, and J.A. Henckels straight. All three a generous gift from Matt Luecke. Fantastic shave with Bunny Berigan’s big band playing in the background. Great way to relax on a Saturday morning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 2
8M7PH1L.jpg

SATURDAY ‌02/06/21 SOTD
Karve Gladius SB ‘D’ Plate / Astra Green
Yaqi‌ ‌Barber‌ ‌Pole‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌‌
CBL Fusion-Master Barber Dragon’s Pub Shaving Soap
Vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne Original
Thanks. It was called the "Gladius" handle, and came in 3" and 3.5". I think it's discontinued.

Feb 6:
Brush: Elite Razor Honduran Rosewood 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Grooming Department Mumtaz
Razor: Haircut & Shave N075
Blade: Feather
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Sicily
Bowl: Dirtybird

After a few more days of trying out other razors, it was a pleasure to get back to my N075. With a sharp blade, this mild razor is a pleasure to use. 2021-02-06 Mumtaz NO75 feather Elite Sicily .jpeg

Sat 6th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Silver Star 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Excellent lather from the soap. Awesome scent, creamy and slick quality!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was super nice! So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Grand aftershaves too...Rating 10/10!!
View attachment 46880

Lovely reds. (y)

Sun 7th SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana...New Soap and WoW!
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Ohhh wow! Special indeed this soap. Nice flower pattern of the soap surface. Initial smell....barely but some semblance to a cigar. Upon lathering...waaaaaa. I so happened to have a box of Cohiba cigars and the scent is quite similar but the soap the lather is stronger. Definitely unlike the sweet Cavendish nor Haverford. Really enjoyed the scent which was consistent. I would rate it at 5-5.5 out of 10 strength. Quality-wise...creamy but found slickness just ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result but somehow get 2 micro weepers. Enjoyable session. Rating 9.5/10
20210207_131441.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back