The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

I figured the dark part was the ebony. I was referring to the light colored rings.

I’ve got mica powder in several different colors. TJ picked that one out, and I might order more. It’s a really nice color.

The choices he makes for his banding are perfect! Does anyone else do banding like that? I don’t recall any.

These are the latest creative masterpieces that I received from Eric. I really wish pictures did them justice.
Arrived today Eric. Thanks and slated for next couple shaves.

Thanks guys! I hope they treat you well and last a very long time.

I'm taking up a new challenge. Someone wants a set of custom scales for their Feather DX, and I'm making them out of black buffalo horn. I had a blank sitting in a drawer, and it had a bit of a warp to it, but I was able to flatten it out by putting it through a couple rounds in a toaster oven followed by clamping it between two pieces of steel. I got them cut and roughed out the shape on the belt sander a little while ago.

Lots of work left to do, but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking so far.

Amazing work Eric!
Since finding the blood knot, I've seen purple and green! I'm stopping with one odd color.

Amazing work Eric!
Since finding the blood knot, I've seen purple and green! I'm stopping with one odd color.
Yeah, I saw those too. My two favorite colors. I think I’m going to need a green handle with a purple knot, and vice versa.

Nice pics, KJ! I love how the top pic shows the color variation in the grain. It's hard to notice unless it's in the right light.

Back