The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Welcome to the Hobbyist Section Eric, Stunning work and best of luck to you sir.

DocHoliday0831 said:
Is it ok for people who have a brush by Eric to post that here as an example?

That is fine. Just can't talk about pricing mainly. More details on the TOU obviously but yeah post away pics of his brushes

Many thanks, guys. I appreciate the warm welcome to the Hobbyist section, and hope you enjoy using them as much as I enjoy making them.

When my wife was pregnant with my daughter I was looking for someone to make me a brush to commemorate the soon birth of my daughter. Eric reached out and was up for the task I am still in awe everytime I use this brush.

Cvargo said:
When my wife was pregnant with my daughter I was looking for someone to make me a brush to commemorate the soon birth of my daughter. Eric reached out and was up for the task I am still in awe everytime I use this brush.

Ah, the Sadie. It was an honor to make that for you, and it was a lot of fun to put together. I’m hoping to have The Dungeon set up to make composite blanks in the coming months.
Thank you all for your kind comments. It’s awesome to see the great folks who have already gravitated to TSC.

I made a video of my process for turning a shave brush handle on the lathe. This is a Barzini, one of the more popular handle styles in the stable. If what you can see of the lathe looks a little rough, that is probably because it is about 60 years old, and looking like it will last at least another 60 lol.

https://youtu.be/wrAdlGX0RdE

I might do a video of the finish at some point. I use CA exclusively right now. It can be a little tough to work with, but I have yet to come across anything that can give a better finish, and it is ridiculously durable.

A video of the finishing would be cool. All I can picture are those little bottles of instantly setting super glue and I have no idea how you use that to finish a wood piece.

Very talented indeed. I have a similar lathe set up and can say without hesitation that what you are doing there looks way easier than it is. You make the task look very simple.

Do you hone your own lathe tools?

Very Nice
Thanks Dave.

A video of the finishing would be cool. All I can picture are those little bottles of instantly setting super glue and I have no idea how you use that to finish a wood piece.
I used some of those initially, but have since switched to a brand that sells 2oz bottles of it. You actually have about 6-8 seconds of work time with the "instant set" if you apply it to a small piece of folded paper towel, which is plenty of time to apply it over a small surface, like a spinning brush handle or straight razor scales.

Very talented indeed. I have a similar lathe set up and can say without hesitation that what you are doing there looks way easier than it is. You make the task look very simple.

Do you hone your own lathe tools?
Thanks Chris. I do hone my own lathe tools, but need to get(or make) a jig for them. I've been doing them freehand, and am always afraid that I'm going to completely booger up the angle.

Back