The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

I'm sorry I don't visit this page very much, but there hasn't been much to report. I've been spending the time that I would be using to turn things on the lathe to work on my honing for the most part. I did, however, come up with some shave related crafting that I can do with the limited space and tools that are currently available. I've had an influx of straight razors since the first of the year and really didn't have a decent place to store them properly, so I hit up some local smoke shops to see if they were selling empty cigar boxes. As it turns out all of them do, with a variety of selection and prices, so I grabbed a few and ordered some thin wood to make partitions. This was the initial look.

4TWcmeBl.jpg
oJSgG1El.jpg

I didn't really like the way they rattle around in there. I wanted to help pad the interior and also give it a bit of extra oomph, and considered lining them with velvet or another material, but the thought of doing that in such a small divided space was too daunting. Fortunately a friend on the forum mention flocking, so I ordered some materials and it has worked out very nicely IMO.

92q7BFxl.jpg

qUd31XYl.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite so far. This Cohiba box was a lucky find.

WxmLB7Gl.jpg

rgQijurl.jpg

Then I thought "Shoot, most of my natural sharpening stones are sitting in a box wrapped in bubble wrap unless I'm using them, even my Jnat. Why not take this to the next level and go a slightly more customized route?"

74iRRqUl.jpg

Gyyj44dl.jpg

MPhTvbGl.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have thought of this, and it isn't reinventing the wheel or anything, but this is currently I'm able to produce. I haven't come up with pricing yet, but if you're interested then I'm happy to make one for you. I've been holding off on picking up more boxes pending interest in them but there is a huge variety of shapes and sizes within a 5 mile radius and I can probably customize one however you'd like if you have any ideas that you'd like implemented.

I'm thinking of one for DE's/SE's as well, but haven't really fleshed the idea out yet.

Wonder if an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature box will fit razors..... Used to be my favorite smoke when I was smoking cigars.

Well, the day is finally here. Sorrentino Brushworks is back up and running! As has been mentioned previously it will be starting with a PIF, so keep an eye out for that in the next couple of days.

Life has gotten crazy and it has been a while since I've been around, so for those that don't know me...hello, my name is Eric, and this is my lathe. She may not be the prettiest girl at the ball, but she can dance better than most.

Lathe.jpg

If you're looking to have a wood or resin shaving brush made, I would love to make one for you. Feel free to PM me with any comments or questions. Have a great evening all, and I'll see you soon!

Well, the day is finally here. Sorrentino Brushworks is back up and running! As has been mentioned previously it will be starting with a PIF, so keep an eye out for that in the next couple of days.

Life has gotten crazy and it has been a while since I've been around, so for those that don't know me...hello, my name is Eric, and this is my lathe. She may not be the prettiest girl at the ball, but she can dance better than most.

View attachment 63220

If you're looking to have a wood or resin shaving brush made, I would love to make one for you. Feel free to PM me with any comments or questions. Have a great evening all, and I'll see you soon!
I WANT ONE!

Back