The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Shave-ready ax?? I'm out!
I think I might frame the hatchet lol. Feels like a piece of personal shaving history.
I'll just say, that I cannot wait for Eric to get back in the shop and re-open Sorrentino Brushworks!

@Smattayu any updates on this?

I'm in!
Thanks KJ! There have been a couple setbacks, but my goal to get The Dungeon back up and running remains unchanged. It WILL happen, it's still just a matter of time.
One word. turquoise. If you remember LOL. Good to see you back brother
Thanks Dave! I remember lol. I'm really looking forward to being able to play around with the resin again. I've had plenty of color and pattern ideas, and should probably start writing them down. I'm planning on getting some shallow molds so I can do matching scales as well. Though with all the blanks I made before I shut it all down I'll be busy turning for a while, and might need to open an Etsy store to get rid of the surplus lol. I forgot the exact number, but I think there are around 30 blanks ready to go.

Another time when I stray too long from the cadre! Welcome back Eric. Personally, I still like you even if you didn't shave with an axe, just as long as you start turning the brush handles again.

BTW - I just used your brush earlier this week. Something about that handle with a cashmere knot set in it. Great combination.

You most definitely do beautiful work my friend. Gorgeous.

Another time when I stray too long from the cadre! Welcome back Eric. Personally, I still like you even if you didn't shave with an axe, just as long as you start turning the brush handles again.

BTW - I just used your brush earlier this week. Something about that handle with a cashmere knot set in it. Great combination.
Thanks guys! The cashmere knot is one of my personal favorite knots, though the Timberwolf is giving it a run for its money.

Thanks guys! The cashmere knot is one of my personal favorite knots, though the Timberwolf is giving it a run for its money.
I was torn between the cashmere and Timberwolf knots for the anniversary brush. Ended up going for the cashmere (the wife said it had a better look lol) and I have not been disappointed!

Wow, I just went back through this entire thread, so much great and interesting content, thanks Eric.

Every time this thread gets bumped, and it's not Eric putting out the "We're Open" sign..... a tiny piece of my soul gets ripped out.

I can relate, I have it flagged as a watched folder.
giphy.gif

Believe me, I have to rely on some heavy-duty denial to get through not having access to the workshop. On the bright side, when I get back into it there will probably be plenty of PIFs to go around, which should make all of us happy. 🤪

Back