The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Don't even polish it. It's called Lava Creation

Actually I could polish that on the lathe buffing system I recently acquired. And now you have me wondering how it would turn out...dang it, Dave!
Special Edition: Use one end to exfoliate and lift the hairs while the other one will gently massage the lather into your whiskers!

That exfoliation would probably leave scars lol. I used(another) different resin and it is a bit more on the brittle side of things.

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been around much. I also apologize to the PIF winners for taking so long to get their handles done. The end of that project is in sight, and I'll have them finished between Christmas and New Years.

Overall irrelevant shop news: What happens when you let the skew hit the turning piece before it is properly set on the tool rest. Proof that you can still make stupid mistakes no matter how long you've been doing something.

1UZ6pcBl.jpg

It was supposed to come out like this(minus the dust particles), but it looks like I'll be making a very slender barber style handle out of it lol.
iNDKvgel.jpg
Even Slender , I know I for one would still like it.... Out of curiosity couldn't you put notches at the bottom to just make it look like its meant to be ..

Even Slender , I know I for one would still like it.... Out of curiosity couldn't you put notches at the bottom to just make it look like its meant to be ..

I probably could, but that is something I haven’t looked into yet, and I’m unfamiliar with the process and possible extras required to make it work.

I probably could, but that is something I haven’t looked into yet, and I’m unfamiliar with the process and possible extras required to make it work.
A vertical spindal sander would make easy work of that.

I imagine Eric with a syringe, injecting air and placing each and every bubble individually into the cola. LOL.
You’ll probably laugh even harder when I tell you that I did in fact try something similar while working out the bubble issue lol.

Literally everything I thought would be tough on this handle was easier than I expected, and everything I thought would be easy required a lot of trial and error.

You’ll probably laugh even harder when I tell you that I did in fact try something similar while working out the bubble issue lol.

Literally everything I thought would be tough on this handle was easier than I expected, and everything I thought would be easy required a lot of trial and error.
We'll, all of your work paid off. That is a stunning piece of art. Bravo Eric and Congrats Dave!

If you took out the "ice cubes" it could be a beer glass brush. Wouldn't even need to change the color. Perhaps a drip of foam down one side?

We'll, all of your work paid off. That is a stunning piece of art. Bravo Eric and Congrats Dave!
Thanks! It was a fun challenge.
If you took out the "ice cubes" it could be a beer glass brush. Wouldn't even need to change the color. Perhaps a drip of foam down one side?

I had the same thought.
The drip down the side would actually be kind of tough to pull off due to the temp that the resin hits while it's curing, but I might play around with the idea on a scrap handle to see if I could do it.

The drip down the side would actually be kind of tough to pull off due to the temp that the resin hits while it's curing, but I might play around with the idea on a scrap handle to see if I could do it.
drips of super glue?

I have accidently had the foamy drip occur while using a table top epoxy finish. But never did it intentionally, nor added it to anything already finished.

Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion on making it work. My first thoughts would be either cost prohibitive or unlikely to bond.

Back