The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Thanks guys! I hope everyone is happy with their brushes. I’ve been making a few blanks here and there since the first batch...

8699360E-FDBB-48E3-9C73-D26513DA987B.jpeg

Some have turned out better than others, but I’ve really enjoyed making them, and have learned a lot about the different resins.

Sadly, the workshop gets packed up and goes back into storage at the end of the week. I’ll be trying to use up the rest of the resin before then since it has a limited shelf life.

On the plus side there will be about 30-40 blanks ready to turn into brushes when things get back up and running. Many thanks to everyone who participated in this new venture. I’ve had a blast with it, and hope you did as well.

Thanks guys! I hope everyone is happy with their brushes. I’ve been making a few blanks here and there since the first batch...

View attachment 24410

Some have turned out better than others, but I’ve really enjoyed making them, and have learned a lot about the different resins.

Sadly, the workshop gets packed up and goes back into storage at the end of the week. I’ll be trying to use up the rest of the resin before then since it has a limited shelf life.

On the plus side there will be about 30-40 blanks ready to turn into brushes when things get back up and running. Many thanks to everyone who participated in this new venture. I’ve had a blast with it, and hope you did as well.
Wow, there are some nice colors there. Seeing those test brushes, I may like that better than the wood ones.

Can't wait to see what else you come out with.

View attachment 24410

A few of those colors are calling my name. I'll be waiting for when you get the shop up and running again.

Those brushes look awesome.... Wonderful work.. i look forward to seeing more in the future when things are back up....

Y'all have your fancy videos and such...but my brush is better! 🤪 Seriously though...thank you so much Eric @Smattayu!! This was so unexpected. And I love everything about it. Love the colors, love the knot, love the handle...just love it. I know this is a product of the resin or composite or whatever you call it, but I love how the material feels in my hands too. I have used this a few times already and ma really digging it! Now I have an LSU themed shave brush to go with my game day shaves!

1589891448002.png

Y'all have your fancy videos and such...but my brush is better! 🤪 Seriously though...thank you so much Eric @Smattayu!! This was so unexpected. And I love everything about it. Love the colors, love the knot, love the handle...just love it. I know this is a product of the resin or composite or whatever you call it, but I love how the material feels in my hands too. I have used this a few times already and ma really digging it! Now I have an LSU themed shave brush to go with my game day shaves!

View attachment 24460

Thanks Don! I kinda wish I could have numbered the first batch to go out lol.

Took 4 days to clear Michigan and now indefinitely hovering around Nashville 😂
Tracking History
May 18, 2020, 2:56 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER on May 18, 2020 at 2:56 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 18, 2020, 2:44 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 18, 2020, 2:20 am
NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
May 17, 2020, 6:49 pm
NASHVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
May 17, 2020, 7:27 am
KNOXVILLE TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 17, 2020, 1:05 am
Departed USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
May 16, 2020, 3:07 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242
May 16, 2020, 8:30 am
DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 15, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
May 13, 2020, 11:04 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 12, 2020, 6:15 pm
Departed Post Office
SAINT CLAIR, MI 48079
May 12, 2020, 12:59 pm
USPS in possession of item
SAINT CLAIR, MI 48079

I was waiting for all the winners to post theirs. I was fortunate enough to snag the small handle made from the leftovers of everyone else's castings. Eric called it the clown puke one. Not arrived yet as it's on a long postal tour of duty but looking forward to it's arrival.
Great Dave! I'm a little slow. You said you were expecting something from St. Claire, then all of the sudden something from St. Claire showed up in my Informed Delivery..... but I had no idea what it was. Eric didn't even hint that they were close to done, so I wasn't expecting anything from him, and I never connected the dots. Then when I got my brush yesterday, I was so excited to see it, that I forgot about you saying you had something coming as well. Made sense once I saw you pic. Awesome little piece of Cadre history there!

A little small but I LOVE that it's a piece of y'all's. I'll either call it the clown puke brush or The three stooges brush 😂
LOL, perfect, either way!

Back