The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Thanks for checking in Eric. Hopefully back for the Cadre's 2nd Anniversary! ;)

Hope it happens for you soon! Till then, my 1 Anniversary brush will be highly treasured!
I’ll be in line for a brush when you unleash the grand reopening!
I hope this is a short term issue. You are a true craftsman and artist. I use my 1st anniversary brush nearly everday.
I’m just so glad to hear from you.
Sorry to hear but understand. Hoping thongs turn around soon for you and I constantly use all 5 of my Sorrentino brushes 👍
Glad to hear from you Eric! Hope all is as well as can be expected!
I hope everything gets sorted in due time, Eric. I'll be waiting right behind Tim for one of your beautiful brushes, and I'll be doing the bunny ear thing too.
Your work was top notch Eric. I love brush you made and I have in my shaving den.
Thanks for checking in Eric. Hopefully back for the Cadre's 2nd Anniversary! ;)

Many thanks, guys. It will be a temporary issue, it's just a matter of how long it will take. In the meantime, the stones have been calling and I've started honing my straight razors(and ktichen knives) again. I will get a decent edge off of one of my natural stones if it's the last thing I do lol.

I ain't saying goodbye! Just kidding...but really...I ain't. I know it's been a trying time for you...but you will see the other end and come out better than you went in. You will see...things are happening how they need to be for the time being. In the meantime...let us know if you need anything!

I made a video of my process for turning a shave brush handle on the lathe. This is a Barzini, one of the more popular handle styles in the stable. If what you can see of the lathe looks a little rough, that is probably because it is about 60 years old, and looking like it will last at least another 60 lol.

I might do a video of the finish at some point. I use CA exclusively right now. It can be a little tough to work with, but I have yet to come across anything that can give a better finish, and it is ridiculously durable.
Just finished that video. Well done my friend. Wow.

I ain't saying goodbye! Just kidding...but really...I ain't. I know it's been a trying time for you...but you will see the other end and come out better than you went in. You will see...things are happening how they need to be for the time being. In the meantime...let us know if you need anything!
I’m embarrassed to say that I think I just saw this post. Thanks so much for your positivity and encouragement, Don. I think I’ll have some interesting news in the next few weeks. I won’t have the shop back up, but things may be moving in that direction instead of a limbo state lol.
Just finished that video. Well done my friend. Wow.
Thanks Dave! I’m nowhere near an expert, but I really enjoy working with the lathe.

He’s the only one who thinks this. We just tolerate it because we know better.
View attachment 14901
Hey, I'm just saying...if you had only heard Jack White play guitar you'd think he was really good...until you heard Stevie Ray Vaughan. Wait, that would make me Jack White in this scenario, and that is just unacceptable. Let me think of a better analogy...
Looking forward to the news!
Looking forward to this Eric !!!!
Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to giving some good news, but it's a work in progress right now and I don't want to jinx it.

A bit late to the party but it looks like you turned some beautiful handles and enjoy the process, its good to keep it a hobby and something you enjoy rather than it just becoming too much like "work". I hope this is a good situation and wish you well!

I just checked in and Eric you do some beautiful work! I have to take the time to look through all 14 pages as I'm sure there are photos of your brushes I missed.

👍 😊
Thanks Frank! I truly enjoy working on the lathe, and hope I can get my wood shop back up and running before too long. I spent some time in my BILs wood shop recently, and made some blanks out of his scrap wood that I’m looking forward to turning into brush handles.
9C828026-0F24-46AF-9513-B5FF41819BDC.jpeg

Back