The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Agreed, just playing man.

@Smattayu Honestly can see the bad one on the right even being a good brush even as a "seconds" What do you do with stuff like that Eric. Surely you wouldn't throw it out !!!
Indeed, just give it a new shape and keep going! @Smattayu

I can make something out of the one on the left. It's already too far out of spec to be one of the anniversary brushes, but there is still possibility there. The one on the right might be a wash. I'm not going to toss it in case inspiration strikes sometime down the road, but I haven't come up with anything to do with it yet.

The one on the right might be a wash. I'm not going to toss it in case inspiration strikes sometime down the road, but I haven't come up with anything to do with it yet.
maybe you could flip it over and make a little travel brush out of it.

I can make something out of the one on the left. It's already too far out of spec to be one of the anniversary brushes, but there is still possibility there. The one on the right might be a wash. I'm not going to toss it in case inspiration strikes sometime down the road, but I haven't come up with anything to do with it yet.
@Smattayu Wonder if it could be weighted and turned into a matching razor stand ??

@Smattayu Wonder if it could be weighted and turned into a matching razor stand ??
That is a definite possibilty, Dave. Weighting it is easy enough. I always add some weight to the handles. It would just require a little adjusting.

Now that I’m keeping all my tools as sharp as possible I’m starting to see why the beginner sets of turning tools are so inexpensive. It’s about time to invest in a bowl and spindle gouge made of some higher quality steel that will keep its edge for a while longer.

Can you all believe that it has been a year for Eric being a Hobbyist at TSC? Many of you have some of his wonderful brushes and some have the anniversary brush being finished by this master craftsman. Dave, Chris, and I would like to thank Eric for renewing his membership with TSC as a Hobbyist! Thanks for your continued support of the cadre!

Thanks guys! It's hard to believe it's been a year. I appreciate all of your support and your patience. the knots are going in the 1st Anniversary brush today after work, so everyone will have incoming mail messages soon.

Back