The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Sample Pass Around!!!

Your logic escapes me........what does how many people are after you on a list have to do with making wise decisions for yourself currently. Understand, I don't care whether you do it or not. It's your choice. But you say one thing and then do another......
It makes no difference. After it was said here that it would be hard to catch it from the pass around it calmed my fears was all but never mind. And I wasn't talking about how many after me I was talking about how many Before Me... With it being that its not got a lot of different places to go before me in the mail I figured it might would be alright but I guess you're right I shouldn't have changed my mind so I guess I'm out.

It makes no difference. After it was said here that it would be hard to catch it from the pass around it calmed my fears was all but never mind. And I wasn't talking about how many after me I was talking about how many Before Me... With it being that its not got a lot of different places to go before me in the mail I figured it might would be alright but I guess you're right I shouldn't have changed my mind so I guess I'm out.
Don't put it on me, you said since it's near "the end" of the pass so I was trying to understand how you can say one thing and do another.

That said, it's your decision not mine.

Don't put it on me, you said since it's near "the end" of the pass so I was trying to understand how you can say one thing and do another.

That said, it's your decision not mine.
Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It meant there was only one person in front of me. And with the new information about surface times I was ok....but its whatever.

**Soap Sample Road Show Sign-ups Copy from here down and paste**
1. dangerousdon - Completed
2. maryland998 - Completed
3. Jellodancer - Completed
4. elmerPHuD - Completed
5. Dave in KY - Completed
6. Milkcrate - Completed
7. gobucks5485 - in transit
8. Jaro1069

So got the box today. And wow OMG can not say more then that. Might spend all day Saturday just smelling them all. Oh yes will work in a few shaves the next 10 days also.
I think when this box retires it should be enshrined in some wet shaving sample hall of fame.
Will report what lucky scent I get to use.
20200318_171439.jpg20200318_184713.jpg
20200318_184827.jpg
9.4 pounds.
The last picture is just the top.

Day 2 of what I call a embarrassment of riches. But my wife call it a embarrassment of obsession. I happen to think she is right. Ha ha.
But usually I designate Friday for "freeze Friday ". So in my attempt to check samples (about 25%) plan on checking them all Saturday because I am off.
I found Smooth soap frozen cranberries.
Very nice menthol was so so but nice lather. Used PAA chel (not really that chel), a splash of Osage rub (yes a nice chel) and finished with Stirling
Spearmint (nice sting if I may say).
Looking forward to day 3.20200320_043240.jpg

Day 5 my wife officially thinks I am wacko. She asks "what are you doing taking a picture ". 20200322_185037.jpg
Went with a gone but not forgotten MLS The Kraken. Nice barbershop scent.
Preshave was a GD unscented synthetic. Very nice preshave. If anyone has a chance pick up a jar from GD. 16 bucks a nice price. Then put some Ice Wyrm scale polish from Damper Dragon. Nice different balm.
One more day to catch up.

Day 7 been a week wow.
Wednesday are usually bay rum day.
I am sure there are bay rum soaps but this Wholly Kaw King of Oud was my choice today. And what a great one. WK is a awesome soap.
Finished with my monster bottle of Gabels bay rum. Such a big bottle for such a budget price.
Be safe everyone.20200324_185651.jpg

@gobucks5485 man you picked out some really good soaps there! Out of what you have picked and I have tried...the King of Oud might be my favorite. And I appreciate your big old bottles of Aftershave! (As a side note...I dig your choice of toothbrush) How do you like the Figaro Ambra? I just finished my bottle of Figaro Monsieur. I know they are not the same...but was wondering what the Ambra smells like?

Day 8 all caught up yes.
Went with a company that I meet last October. Zingari man super nice people.
Used the Soloist. Was a nice lather yes and I would call a manly scent.
Aftershave went with DG Massacre of the Innocent. What a great scent. It lingers a while but why not love a great scent that lasts.
Take care.20200325_190535.jpg

@gobucks5485 man you picked out some really good soaps there! Out of what you have picked and I have tried...the King of Oud might be my favorite. And I appreciate your big old bottles of Aftershave! (As a side note...I dig your choice of toothbrush) How do you like the Figaro Ambra? I just finished my bottle of Figaro Monsieur. I know they are not the same...but was wondering what the Ambra smells like?
It is a barbershop scent. Good but I have too much ha ha.
I can send you a sample if you would like.

Back