The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Sample Pass Around!!!

Baker dozen day 13 and sadly my last day. On the good note you do not have to see my display everyday. But I wanted to post and maybe put a tiny input out there every day.

Went with a interesting scent LNHC Doc Holiday. It was one that scent.
View attachment 19800

to the nose in the tub is much stronger then the actual lather. So a little unimpressed.
Aftershave went with my favorite scent.
CL Bon Vivant. Do not know if any have had the opportunity to try this? It is a fantastic scent and sadly he is not making it no more.

So again a big THANK YOU for this.
A lot of guys around here like Doc Holiday from @LNHC and as a side note...the scent was developed for one of our own... @DocHoliday0831 !

I did like the scent to the smell very much, but unfortunately it was very weak on the lather?
Do you know the reason for this? Just courious?
I've only tried it a couple of times and I don't remember the scent weakening during lathering. Maybe the sample is a little older and the scent diminished a little? Not sure really. If it is a scent that you really like but was underwhelmed with the strength of it. Maybe try to get a sample straight from @LNHC and see if it is any different. Lisa's soaps are definitely at the top of the list for me as an all around soap.

So I decided that I am going to try everyone of the samples. I counted everyone and there are 175 total. Doing the math and looking at my calendar, I will send this out Sep 25th yes this year. Ok thanks!!
Ha ha I should have done this April 1st!!
No but really the samples are on there way!!
Again a big big thank you to everyone for including me. It was well worth the 15 bucks to mail it. I added a few and scooped some future ones that I did not have time to try.
There were some awesome scents. Many artisans I never heard of.
Thanks
Go Bucks!!!!

Been quiet? I saw the box was received Monday 4/6. But no confirmation it arrived in good condition. It at least deserves some kind of remark of being overwhelmed. Maybe the person who got it is just dumb founded and does not know how to react with this?? I do not blame him?? I was floored my wife had to slap me a few time and say get over it!!
It is quit a box!!

I did as I was told when the box arrived I moved the contents to a bag and set the box and bag in my garage and have left it there for a few days first before I proceed to go through it so I haven't touched it yet other than that. I haven't messed with it yet so I haven't commented due to that fact. Oh and yes the box arrived but was extremely beat up. Once I check out the contents which I was planning on doing either today or tomorrow I will then begin to comment on it. I had not said anything yet because all I could say was. Its here and the quick glance showed a lot of bags with jars in it.

Last edited:
I did as I was told when the box arrived I moved the contents to a bag and set the box and bag in my garage and have left it there for a few days first before I proceed to go through it so I haven't touched it yet other than that. I haven't messed with it yet so I haven't commented due to that fact.
Bravo man. Being safe if only good. FYI my health has been good. Been working and required to have my temp taken every day at work. This was a question I asked the person who sent me the package.
This is what will occur the rest of our life people will be freaking out from the future on. Mass media and the mass social output will change the world. Let hope I am wrong but.

Well its always best to be safe. I mean you were fine but what about the postal workers or the other packages and the people who sent them and the workers who touched those and etc. New society new day....... I promise I'm gonna post about the package....3vzzh3.jpg

okay like i promised, I have started to go through all the samples and am separating what just doesn't interest me from what does.... there are a lot of samples here... next i will figure out which i want to start trying first and then i will post results of each sample. once done and I am ready to send it out I will be including some extra samples sent to me by Brian from Signature Soaps in England... He recently visited the USA and while he was here he brought some samples that he wanted me to have you guys try

1st tried last sliver of Executive Man by Stirling the other day , I liked the way it smelled and lathered very well... It provided a good layer of cushion for a smooth no nick shave. I know that I cant say anything here that all you guys would find new so i will just continue to try them and give my thoughts anyway. I will be posting my thoughts on the others I tried over the weekend in a few minutes to catch up with what i have already tried.

1st tried last sliver of Executive Man by Stirling the other day , I liked the way it smelled and lathered very well... It provided a good layer of cushion for a smooth no nick shave. I know that I cant say anything here that all you guys would find new so i will just continue to try them and give my thoughts anyway. I will be posting my thoughts on the others I tried over the weekend in a few minutes to catch up with what i have already tried.

I have got to buy that one.

okay the next one i used was...(Web Image)......Wholly Kaw Tempest
tempest.jpg

Its smelled like wet dirt to me and honestly made my face feel a little warm.... it provided a decent layer of lather but not extremely thick or cushioning.. I got a no nick shave with it also but I knew it wasn't one i would want to use again, it was used because it was the first wholly kaw I ran across in the box and had never tried that maker before...
I guess its okay but just not for me....

okay so i have been busy this last week... Sorry everyone for not getting this done sooner but with all the stimulus checks going out I have been working on a lot of computers for the Pawn Shops.....they have been very busy this last week with people getting their taxes returns and stimulus checks and coming to buy stuff... but here goes with the stuff i tried...

1. Paladin / Silk road..lathers easily, very good cushion/slickness, glide/slickness, decent after shave moisturizing but i still wash my face off very well after i use any soap because the skin moisturizers all seem to leave me feeling waxy or overly oily.....

2. Sudsy Soapery / Uplift.... lathered pretty good slick enough i didnt get any nicks.. decent lemony scent.

3. Sudsy Soapery / SANDALWOOD & CITRUS WITH TURMERIC.., made a good lather and gives a good cushion. Scent was ok

4. Reef Point Soaps / Dragons Blood... I like dragons blood scents. I have incense and various other things in that scent and this does have some of that scent but is less cinnamon scented than most. It provided a good lather and again no nicks.....

5. Shave Revolution / B street.... This soap was okay but just not for me.

6. Vitos / Sapone da barba... another soap that did decent with lather... Very similar to cella and as such it still leaves me with a waxy after shave feeling.. another soap i have to thoroughly wash my face clean of...

well all these soaps left me nick free and did a decent job... I will be trying more and putting up my thoughts of them later......
Have a great night People and stay well.

How’s it going @Jaro1069
sorry i know i haven't been posting on this thread but honestly this week i didn't try anything i put the stuff aside because one of us here wasn't feeling good and i wasn't gonna take any chances with any of the samples. I am gonna try a couple of things this week and then i will send it your way. okay? sorry i havent tried anymore. well i did try a couple but that was before not feeling good i tried a couple of the tobacco scented soaps cant remember the names of them but i wasnt a fan of them the only thing i have used over the last few days was the gillette pure cream i posted about the other day on another thread....

No worries. You can always scoop some out to try later too. Hope everyone is on the mend.

Back