The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Sample Pass Around!!!

It is a barbershop scent. Good but I have too much ha ha.
I can send you a sample if you would like.
I appreciate it! But I'm good. I'm pretty particular when it comes to barbershop scents. Overall I am not a huge fan of them...too powdery for my nose!

20200326_184605.jpgDay 9 happy Friday everyone. To some like my wife it doesn't seem like a Friday. She was a victim of being layed off. As for me still working it. But slower, just hope things get back to normal SOON.
I usually have Freeze Friday rotation and this was my day to use Terror.
So I went with the PAA CK 6 soap. Never tried it. I do have to say very impressed. Slick as s^it!!
Tried for the 1st time B@M Terroraid (love that name). Put 4 drops in my lather and nice. Next time might double drops. Finished with my Terror fantastic aftershave.
Take care everyone.

View attachment 19559Day 9 happy Friday everyone. To some like my wife it doesn't seem like a Friday. She was a victim of being layed off. As for me still working it. But slower, just hope things get back to normal SOON.
I usually have Freeze Friday rotation and this was my day to use Terror.
So I went with the PAA CK 6 soap. Never tried it. I do have to say very impressed. Slick as s^it!!
Tried for the 1st time B@M Terroraid (love that name). Put 4 drops in my lather and nice. Next time might double drops. Finished with my Terror fantastic aftershave.
Take care everyone.
Damn! Terroraid and Terror Aftershave! Man that aftershave...I feel the cooling almost all day! Some good stuff!

Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope everything gets back on track on the other side of this thing.

Damn! Terroraid and Terror Aftershave! Man that aftershave...I feel the cooling almost all day! Some good stuff!
Yes Don,
I loved Terror the 1st time I tried it. I have the soap. It is a great sensation very different. The Terroraid was good. I just need to add a few more drops. It was a nice buy for only 8.99. Nice bottle 2 oz and a nice dropper with it.
Summerbreak soaps Cannonball is also great. Noble otter orbit too. Orbit is a bit more on the floral side. Cannonball is my favorite.

Day 10 went with a Victory shaving Rose.
Do have to say was a bit disappointed in the lack of scent.
For aftershave old stable Clubman. And finally finished with a KY artisan Moss Hill Kentucky.
So question/help.
I am getting to the end and want suggestions on a must try.
Thanks so much.
20200329_080103.jpg

Day 10 went with a Victory shaving Rose.
Do have to say was a bit disappointed in the lack of scent.
For aftershave old stable Clubman. And finally finished with a KY artisan Moss Hill Kentucky.
So question/help.
I am getting to the end and want suggestions on a must try.
Thanks so much.
View attachment 19686
So...what have you tried so far? And I am having a hard time remembering what was in the box. I was early on so it likely has a lot more in it.

If these are in the box...try some of these...

Cold River Soap Works (Glide version if it is in there if not Select version is pretty good too)
Any of the CBL soaps (but you have likely tried that also)
Any of the LNHC soaps (see above)
Holly Kaw
Ariana & Evans (or sometimes called The Club)
I think there is a sample of Sudsy Soapery Uplift (this one has tallow and the others do not...the scent is nice but a little simple...but the soap is really good)
Oz Shaving Company is another good one...and
Storybook Soap Works (this one is VERY underrated...a REALLY good soap in my opinion)

Just some thoughts.

Day 11 bonus days yea.
Thanks to suggestion from Don. (Suprised only person who did so).
Went with Oz shaving Foxville. And do have to say WOW this was a great scent would highly recommend this.
For aftershave went with B&M Saville. This was my 1st time using this aftershave and wow again.
Thanks Don.20200329_160349.jpg

Day 11 bonus days yea.
Thanks to suggestion from Don. (Suprised only person who did so).
Went with Oz shaving Foxville. And do have to say WOW this was a great scent would highly recommend this.
For aftershave went with B&M Saville. This was my 1st time using this aftershave and wow again.
Thanks Don.View attachment 19748
Thanks for the shout out! Yeah...OZ Shaving is a really underrated soap out there. I have Foxville myself and really like the scent as well. Glad you enjoyed it. And since the others didn't reply...that must mean I won the Internet!

Day 12 extra extra bonus day.
Again per Don wanted to try a CBL soap. And went with a Iron Throne. Yes very good with a terrific lather. I detected a bit of menthol with this soap.
For aftershave blast of Osage Rum then finished with CL Gratiot League Square.
20200329_160421.jpg

Baker dozen day 13 and sadly my last day. On the good note you do not have to see my display everyday. But I wanted to post and maybe put a tiny input out there every day.

Went with a interesting scent LNHC Doc Holiday. It was one that scent.
20200330_220400.jpg

to the nose in the tub is much stronger then the actual lather. So a little unimpressed.
Aftershave went with my favorite scent.
CL Bon Vivant. Do not know if any have had the opportunity to try this? It is a fantastic scent and sadly he is not making it no more.

So again a big THANK YOU for this.

Back