The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

20191231_123134.jpg

Tabula Rasa Dezember- had to finish off the year with this soap. Have had some trouble with this cream/soap and would not place it as high as most others seem to, but it is servicable with unique scents but not worth the price IMO which is WAY more than most soaps on the market considering the size. Finished off with MLSW Italian Stallion Milk which is a wonderful product.

20191230_112718.jpg

Uncle Jon's Holly Berry- very nice Pine/Holly/Cranberry scent that is something similar to SC Resolution and is a fairly strong scent. Soap lathers well and provided a decent shave.
20191230_121452.jpg

20191229_153602.jpg

Ballenclaugh Festive Parlor- man B&C is one awesome artisan and among my favorite soap bases. The scent of Festive Parlor is strong and unique as with most B&C soaps would put their uniqueness along side of B&M. Had a marvelous shave and finished off with T&S Bay Rum!
20191229_154210.jpg

20200118_185754.jpg

Tallow & Steel Rainforest for yesterday's shave. I got a new phone the other day so hopefully these pictures are a bit more clear, this camera seems a whole lot better but will need to experiment with it further.

T&S Rainforest is a beautiful complex Citrus scent unlike anything else on the market and one of my favorites from T&S. The scent pairs great with Classic which is very similar yet different scent.

Performance of T&S is well known and is top tier IMO. Whips up a thick lather like Shannon' s soap of DG. Had a great shave and finished off with Classic which has good staying power for a EO based A/S.

Hope y'all are in good health and getting the best shave possible!
20200118_190305.jpg

20200119_131742.jpg

Wickham Parma Violet for this morning's shave. Fantastic Violet scent that most people associate with Dish Soap and can be a acquired taste.

Wickhams 1912 Vegan soap base is excellent and highly rated by fourm members over seas especially. Whips up a thick lather and can handle a good amount of water without breaking down. The shave felt great and the CL 2018 A/S was the perfect ending with its Slightly Floral/fruity Black Current type of scent.

Hope everyone is doing well!
20200119_132316.jpg

20200119_132318.jpg

20200120_130716.jpg

Smitten Soapery Big Daddy for today's shave. This was the precursor to the now famous Zingari Man Sego Soap Base that has been getting rave reviews lately.

Scent of Big Daddy is a Oakmoss Sandalwood similar to Viking Soaps Tree Of Life, or TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood. Very sweet base note kind of scent that has grown on me over time.

Performance is excellent and has ALL the attributes we look for in a too notch product. Am very happy for Heather Melton on her recent success of the rebranding of Zingari Man and the new base, this artisan makes products worthy of the attention. For some reason Smitten Soapery RARELY EVER gets mentioned on the forums and found this soap 2nd hand by accident and figured the ingredient list was worth a shot. The lather is VERY thirsty and like a a boat load of water but will explode with crazy sickness once done so. The shave itself was about as perfect as could be, even did a little baby chasing without consequence. Finished off with Van Yulay Arabian Nights Balm which was accidently left outside in the heat and separated to a grainy consistancy, also seem to have a mild burning sensation from this particular fragrance but decided to finish it anyways since it's just a small sample. Skin care is good and would consider trying a different scent in the future.

Hope y'all are doing well and getting awesome shave!
20200120_131235.jpg

20200120_131247.jpg

View attachment 15374

Wickham Parma Violet for this morning's shave. Fantastic Violet scent that most people associate with Dish Soap and can be a acquired taste.

Wickhams 1912 Vegan soap base is excellent and highly rated by fourm members over seas especially. Whips up a thick lather and can handle a good amount of water without breaking down. The shave felt great and the CL 2018 A/S was the perfect ending with its Slightly Floral/fruity Black Current type of scent.

Hope everyone is doing well!
View attachment 15375

View attachment 15376
I was pleasantly surprised by Parma Violet. I expected a sweet scent sincemy understanding is that Parma Violets are an English candy. It’s got a wonderful floral scent with a more complex (woody?) undertone. it may be the first Wickham tub I buy.

Very nice review of the Big Daddy Soap. I will have to look for Zingari. You are always introducing me to new soaps...and I appreciate it!

Anytime Don! Even the big dogs started out small at one time. Zingari has been getting a lot of comments on the forums of late. Just wish there were samples available since the scents i checked out were on the fresh/Aquatic side.

I was pleasantly surprised by Parma Violet. I expected a sweet scent sincemy understanding is that Parma Violets are an English candy. It’s got a wonderful floral scent with a more complex (woody?) undertone. it may be the first Wickham tub I buy.

Hahaha I have a small roll of Chowards Violet Candy on my night stand. Very unique flavor for sure.

I have a black Wilkinson Razor in a package with a pack of blades. Got it from somewhere...not sure. It looks like your razor and is probably the same. I have always wondered how well it shaves.

I have a black Wilkinson Razor in a package with a pack of blades. Got it from somewhere...not sure. It looks like your razor and is probably the same. I have always wondered how well it shaves.

Is it one of these Don? NEW Wilkinson Sword Classic double edge DE safety razor with blades 4027800015504 | eBay

If its the Wiliknson Sword Classic it is a wonderful inexpensive Razor that has become my favorite Razor BY FAR. It is plastic but has a Metal Rod thru the handle to add some weight. It does behave differently based on which Blade you choose so it may require some experimentation.

20200124_153611.jpg

SHAVE UPDATE!

Tiki Fougere Vegan Formula- this stuff is amazing and has a very simple ingredient list. The scent is strong and Green and comes as a large hard puck that weighs more than it's suppose to which is a plus. Had a decent shave and finished off with SV Delve Balm.
20200124_154139.jpg

Back