The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

20190919_121058.jpg
Looks like you were snacking on it.... Did it taste as good as it smells? :ROFLMAO:

20190926_215405(0).jpg

Sudsy Soapery Cola for yesterdays soap of choice. I am generally not a big fan of the scent profiles from this artisan but this Cola is VERY well done and would put it up there with Wickhams Club Cola as the best 2 Cola scented soaps i have encountered. It is a great value and has the texture of a firm cream, due to this fact i prefer to scoop and bowl lather.

Performance of Sudsy Soapery is very good and considered a top tier Vegan base by many. The lather starts off a bit bubbly but whips up to a thick consistancy with a little work. Have yet to try their Tallow soap base but would be curious to see hoe it compaires with this one. Had a great shave accept for a little neck irritation which was cooled by the Proraso Woods & Spice Balm, a excellent product with a unique old shool scent reminicent of the old AOS Tallow Sandalwood.

Hope everyone is in good spirits and getting the best shaves possible!

20190927_170002.jpg

Dr. JON'S COLD FALL MORNING! This was a Limited Release and part of the Sunday Funday subscription, was lucky enough to recieve this soap as part of a trade and couldnt be happier.

ohhhh man what a great scent although it could be a tad stronger IMO. Hard to describe but it has a cooling sense with Maple Syrup, Pine, and coffee with perhaps some berry notes as well. Every person i had sniff this soap detected different things making this one a bit of a Wild Card.

Performance is typical of the Vol.2 soap base which is decent. Had a little truoble with the lather which i think was due to the brush, despite the runny thin lather the shave was still OK and got very little burn from the Masters Topaz, considering this stuff is heavy on the alcohol this was a plesent surprise indeed. Topaz is one of the best scents from Masters and has a Musky slightly powdery scent similar to Figaro Gold A/S.

20190928_102310.jpg

L&l (DG) Mayflower for this mornings shave. If Spring flowers bring May showers what do Mayflowers bring? GENOCIDE. A old saying my Native American grandma used to say.

Mayflower is one of the best Floral Bouquet scents i have come across and one that could be considered a masterpiece IMO. It is bright and non-apologetic about being a Floral scent, but there is something about this scent that i just LOVE!

Performance is good although i do not put DG as high up on the list as many others do. It makes a thick lather that requires a good amount of water to perform at its peak. The shave went well but i think this blade may fo better in another razor so will be switching it up for tomorrow. Finished off with matching aftershave which opens up slightly different from the soap, the combo-nation is exquisit and (although i did not pick it up) was super stoked to see a re-release of Mayflower just so others could get a chance to try this Floral bomb.

Hope yall had a swell shave!
20190928_120416.jpg

MASSIVE SHAVE JOURNAL UPDATE!!
20190929_133449.jpg

M&M Pine for this shave. Holy hand grenade i have been really slacking on my shave posts, on the plus side this hiatus has calmed down any acusiotion disorders and kick back and enjoy what you already have.

The M&M Pine has a light Pine scent and comes in puck form. This is their older formula and performs quite well.

20190930_114813.jpg20190930_114813.jpg

Noble Otter Monarch paired with Project Leather is a match made in heaven. Monarch smells like refined Grape Bubblegum to my nose and is a interesting scent. Performance is very good and one worth checking out if a scent may interest you. Shave went well ans had no sting from the aftershave.

20191001_163941.jpg

Wild West Wichita- absolutely love all of the Rose type scents Russel has come up with, he has a way of being able to mask the Rose in scents like Wichita where it is mixed with Bay rum, Coffee, Vetiver, and spice notes to make a interesting combination that paired well with Woods & Spices.

20191002_164058.jpg

I apologize for the shortness of these posts and since in over a month behind it is going to take forever lol. Life has been going great and hope you fellow Cadre members are having a great Fall so far!

Soap Smooth Lime Soda for this shave. Nice crisp Lime scent in a cool 2oz sample that is big enough to load directly of needed. SS has gone out of business but have been a fan of their products for a while now, this being their Tallow formula has excellent perfoermance. Managed a decent shave and finished off with MITA Balm.

20191003_180413.jpg

Turtleship Patchouli- you need not look further than the ingredient list to know this is a QUALITY product. Loaded with skin food and one of the most impressive ingredient lists in Wet Shaving IMO.

Lather provided top notch protection and natural scents.

Attachments

• 20191003_180413.jpg
    20191003_180413.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2
20191004_094942.jpg

Tallow & steel Himilaya for this shave. T&S is known for very unique scent profiles and using EO's from that particular area for each soap.

Performance is top tier IMO and provided a excellent shave.

20191005_212601.jpg

wK Fougere Parfaite which smells exactly like Brut and is a wonderful classic scent.

perfoemance of the WKDM is among the best of the best IMO and is right up there with GD.

20191006_165740.jpg

Country Club La Habanna provided a perfect shave. Scent of La Habana is a masculine Tobacco scent that reminds me of several others on the market making it a familiar but great scent.

Performance is excellent and you cant go wrong with any of the Country Club 4 Men soap bases and this Vegan is no acception.
20191006_195901.jpg

20191007_095927.jpg

Deluxe Shaving Espresso Amaretti- has a sweet Coffee Almond scent which (surprisingly) did not burn or irritate my skin whatsoever which is rare for a Almond scented soap.

Deluxe Shaving is another artisan that went out of business recently and its a shame. They had a cool branding and some interesting scents, plus offered both Creams (firm croap) and Soaps (a tad bit firmer) which varied slightly in ingredients.

20191009_163439.jpg

CBL BRO- one of the best and most interesting Rose scents in the den. Not feminine at all but still a Rose forward profile.

Performance of CBL soaps are very good. They do not seem to require as much water as some other soaps on the market which has just been my observation. Lather provided a great shave and face felt great afterwards, the Desert Heat was icing on the cake.

20191010_164423.jpg

Siliski Questionable Origins- citrusy Herbal scent that changes a bit once lathered and really opens up. Andrew Siliski is a great artisan and not just shave soaps, their bath soaps/shampoo bars are among my favorites, loaded with skin food.

Shave was refreshing and a peaceful Zen moment to remember.

Back