The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

20190609_133027.jpg

B&M Terror for todays shave. Interesting soap that has 3 different forms of synthetic menthol cooling agents.

Scent is a woodsy peppermint to my nose with perhaps a silght Lime or tart citrus note, although not sure of the scent notes just going off innitial impressions.

Soap lathered great and much better than any other B&M soap base IMO. Have found B&M to be hit or miss in my experience with them, scents as well as performance. Will is a mad scientist when it comes to scents and am happy to see he finally has a soap base that can properly showcase his tallent. The shave went without problems and the cooling agents were a nice touch without being overpowering (Artique). Finished off with Aqua Velva which paired great!

Hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible!
20190609_133528.jpg

Attachments

• Resized952018112595140536.jpg
    Resized952018112595140536.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 4492

B&M Terror for todays shave. Interesting soap that has 3 different forms of synthetic menthol cooling agents.

Scent is a woodsy peppermint to my nose with perhaps a silght Lime or tart citrus note, although not sure of the scent notes just going off innitial impressions.

Soap lathered great and much better than any other B&M soap base IMO. Have found B&M to be hit or miss in my experience with them, scents as well as performance. Will is a mad scientist when it comes to scents and am happy to see he finally has a soap base that can properly showcase his tallent. The shave went without problems and the cooling agents were a nice touch without being overpowering (Artique). Finished off with Aqua Velva which paired great!

Hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible!
View attachment 4495
Creamy lather :love:

20190610_075146.jpg

Project Leather for this mornings shave. Wholly Kaw is one my many peoples top soap bases and its no wonder why, this stuff has TOP tier performance that can rival many other popular artisans.

Scent of Project Leather is not as Leather forward as one would think. To my nose it is more like a fresh cleaning oil from a pair of fancy leather gloves (RR Al Sapone) and almost has a sweet floral scent IMO and (along with King Of Oud) is one of my favorite WK scents, but could see why some people may not care for this particular scent as it is unusual.

Performance as mentioned is excellent. Shave went well with the QBall blade, first time with this blade and it seems to be smooth and somewhat forgiving. The Razorock DE1 is very mild and makes it hard to get a BBS with this razor but it is gentle and a decent razor for a great price. Lather was dense and protective as hell, almost feels like a Balm that can hold a to of water.

20190610_075901.jpg

20190611_082304.jpg

Got a surprise package in the mail yesterday from CBL and this Tabacveg is what it contained. Chris is a genuine artisan and a great guy (thanks again brother).

The scent is one i have been curious about, am a fan of Tabac but unfornuately have not been "Chosen" for the honorable Pinaud Lilac Vegatol or "The Veg". I must say this soap smells amazing and has a sort of powdery floral vibe to it and is more Veg that Tabac to my nose. the 2 blend beautifully together and this mixture of 2 classic scents is a GREAT idea since you hear of people wishing they had a soap that smells like a favorite aftershave/cologne so why not use the real deal, and to have it in a top notch soap base like CBL is icing on the cake IMo.

The shave went great with no irritation or blood loss, tons of slickness and protection as well. Soap lathers fast and without problems, is not too thirsty and have noticed that it doesnt require a ton of water to get the right consistancy which makes it great for anyone worried about flooding their lather as that wont be a problem with this base.

As i am not a chosen member of the Veg, i couldnt figure out what to pair it with so went with CL Admiral which my GF says smells like Tommy Hillfiger which is always a good thing and perhaps the best compliment she could give a fragrance.

Am refreshed and feeling great. Hope y'all had a great shave Cadre!
20190611_082827.jpg

20190615_105330.jpg

MER Shaving Black Fern. MER is another hidden gem in the wet shaving world and he is a great guy to do business with. Scent of Black Fern smells like Craker Barrel (without the apple note) and is a spicy scent that reminds me of a country store. Did not have any trouble with this scent burning my skin like i would have thought it would.

Shave went well, soap lathered up quick and was quite protective. Paired great with the Haverford.

20190615_105909.jpg

20190616_214401.jpg

A&E Amber Rose for this marvelous shave. A&E has a top notch soap base that i would put in the elite category.

Scent is a blend of Rose, Tobacco, incense, and amber. The Rose is masculine and not heavily floral, very well done scent that smells great.

Shave was excellent and lather provided plenty of slickness and protection, buffing was no problem without visible lather.
20190616_215026.jpg

20190617_161641.jpg

Tiki Lime in the Vegan formula for yesterdays shave. Accidently added too much water so the lather was beyond runny but still provided a decent shave.

Scent is of course Lime and is more tart than sweet. Not usually a big Lime fan but this one is not bad at all.

Hope everyone had a swell shave!

20190618_090639.jpg

Razorock Al Sapone for this mornings shave.

Al Sapone has a light scent that smells like the oil from a nice pair of Leather gloves or expensive Italian Leather. It is fresh and clean and not a typical Leather scent at all.

Performance is not as bad as some people make Razorock out to be, but there is room for improvment. Soap lathers up very fast into a airy frothy foam but incorporates water well. For the price point RR is a great place where many wet shavers start with before moving onto other artisans. Plus they offer a wide variety of scents to choose from. Finished off with Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash and a touch of Peach Thayers.

Hope everyone had a great shave!
20190618_091034.jpg

Back