The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

Thanks Chris! The lather from this stuff is unusual to say the least. This was before the 1st pass, but still had enough lather for all 3 passes.

Great posts, SW. I love the scent of lime. In fact, I love everything lime.
1f60f.png

12-23

Prep: Musgo Real Oakmoss
Razor: Wilkinson Sticky
Blade: GSB
Brush: RR BC Plissoft
Soap: Deluxe Shaving- Woodbridge

Very plesent shave this morning. Went with Deluxe Shaving which i believe went out of business recently, not positive but their stock is all sold out. They offer both creams & soaps, this one is their cream which is a firm croap consistancy. Their soap is a little bit firmer but both could barketed as soap.

Scent of Woodbridge is heavy lavender with cedarwood and oakmoss background. Scent strength is fairly strong and reminds me quite a bit of Square One Soapworks Blue Bayou. Nice fresh lavender is a scent i have grown to appreciate thanks to wet shaving.

Performance of this cream/soap is quite good, surprises me each time i use their products. Cream lathers quickly and building a lather is no problem. This formula also contains Olive Oil yet no stabilitity issues at all. Shave went well and slickness was top notch. Post shave feel was nice and moisturized, a bit heavier than yesterdays shave. Finished off with Fine AB which smells great. Hope everyone had a swell shave!

Mmm Merican Blend...the one AS scent that rivals my love for Aventus clones.

Have you tried the Razorock equivalents of Platinum and American Blend? I haven’t yet.

I love the smell of a good lavender soap/aftershave/EdT! Some of the soaps that are out there just lack something to it. I would love for there to be a Lavender/Sandalwood scent...that would be the bees Knees! But if not done exactly right...the lavender would overpower the sandalwood. People don't realize how delicate sandalwood really is.

Anyway...it's a shame that Deluxe went out of business. I remember when they first came out and thought that they might be around for a while. Either way...great shave!

I've discovered that I really dislike Lavender in my shave products. I love the smell of lavender flowers and I like growing lavender. But I gotta keep away from the lavender soaps.

I've discovered that I really dislike Lavender in my shave products. I love the smell of lavender flowers and I like growing lavender. But I gotta keep away from the lavender soaps.
I don't care for it either. Even got rid of my Thayers Lavendar

I think it is actually hard to find lavender scents in the shave world that are actually done well.

12-23

Prep: Musgo Real Oakmoss
Brush: RR BC Plissoft
Soap: Deluxe Shaving- Woodbridge

Very plesent shave this morning. Went with Deluxe Shaving which i believe went out of business recently, not positive but their stock is all sold out. They offer both creams & soaps, this one is their cream which is a firm croap consistancy. Their soap is a little bit firmer but both could barketed as soap.

Scent of Woodbridge is heavy lavender with cedarwood and oakmoss background. Scent strength is fairly strong and reminds me quite a bit of Square One Soapworks Blue Bayou. Nice fresh lavender is a scent i have grown to appreciate thanks to wet shaving.

Performance of this cream/soap is quite good, surprises me each time i use their products. Cream lathers quickly and building a lather is no problem. This formula also contains Olive Oil yet no stabilitity issues at all. Shave went well and slickness was top notch. Post shave feel was nice and moisturized, a bit heavier than yesterdays shave. Finished off with Fine AB which smells great. Hope everyone had a swell shave!

12-24

Prep: Pre Shave Soap Mix
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
Soap: Dendi- Rose

Nice soothing shave this morning. Decided to bring a little light on this somewhat unknown artisan. They are from Eastern Europe (Serbia perhaps) and are triple milled, which is something you rarely see with artisan soaps. Scents are light and natural and would be great for a person with sensitive skin. Comes in a small metal tin with ingredient list on the bottom.

Scent of Rosa is a light green Rose scent a little stronger than Klar Kabinett, the 2 are a similar kind of Rose scent while still being different, if that makes sense.

Performance is quite good. Small dab of soap produced plenty of lather and still had some soap leftover.triple milled so soap longevity should not be a issue if stored properly. Lather is not thirsty and did not require much water to get the correct consistancy i look for in lather. Soap risnes clean with no residue or noticable post shave.

I dont recall ever having a shave soap dry out my face, so am becoming less concerned with post shave feel with each shave. Plus i usually use some sort of aftershave or balm, so the post shave feel is only relevant for a short period of time. Slickness and a bit of blade cushion are much more important to get a decent shave IMO.

Hope everyone has a safe & Merry Christmas!!

Well it would be impossible to go wrong with a deluxe soap!

I don't care for it either. Even got rid of my Thayers Lavendar
I’ve yet to try a lavender. But it doesn’t sound like something I would really be into.
Mystic Water's Lavender Lime is the only one I can tolerate.

Lavender can indeed be a starnge one. Not all types of Lavender are created equal, plus it can be strong if not used properly. Was not a fan of florals at all when i first started wet shaving, but have grown an appreciation for for nearly all scent categories over time.

CHRISTMAS SHAVE

Prep: Pre Shave Soap Mix (Mentholated)
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Wet The Face- Christmas Time

Was planning on using CB 322 for my Christmas soap, but was in the mood for a Pine scent this morning. Figured this soap wpuld fit the bill.

Wet The Face is ran by Donald Younger, he does Shaving reviews online, soaps mostly. Various artisans make his WTF line of soaps, so some have different ingredients than others.

Christmas Time is a Basalm/Fir/Pine type of scent. Medium strong scent strength that is not too overpowering as Pine can be sometimes. Very well done scent.

Performance wise, this formula is among my favorite soaps. The lather this stuff creates is dense and creamy but not bubbly at any stage. Protection is incredible and slickness may be the strongest feature IMO. Managed to chase the BBS a little bit without consequence. Very happy with the results of this shave. Finished off with Taigia A/S to keep me smelling like a Christmas Tree a little while longer. Hope everyone had a swell,safe holiday!

Back