The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

#Shave 11. Less than 24 hours.

Razor: Blackbird SB
Blade: Bolzano(2) Round Two.
Brush: M&F Polo 27mm
Soap: Strop Shoppe Black Tie
Theyer's Medicated Witch Hazel
After Shave: L'Occitain AfterShaveBalm

Pass 1 XTG 45degree down.
Pass 2 XTG 90 up face , ATG neck

Made a huge effort to get it right on this shave and I think all paid off.

1.Over the weekend I did a thorogh cleaning of my razor. The Blackland sometimes does not clear of all soap durring a shave. Even holding the razor under a running faucet does not always clean things away and there was a slight bildup of soap.

2. Don't always believe the hipe. In my last post. I said I was going to try a face lather. Nope. face lathered but really concentrated on getting it whipped up right and worked it into my wiskers.

3.Adopting the method I saw on Nurse Dave's video I used cool water to shave today. I know it is nothing new but most people speak how warm water opens the pores. Well maybe it is this opening that helps create the drag that my skin sometimes gets. The cool water really helped keep irritation to a minimum.

4. I forget this razor likes a steeper angle. tighted up the angle a bit and really helped lessen the irritation while maintaining the efficientcy.

5. Lessened the pressure. With the steeper angle it is easier to get this razor to cut hairs with less pressure.

Changing angles to my face has been a big help.

Funny in the few months I have been concentrating on getting back to a quality shave after 4 years of NGaS how much one has to reminded themselves what it takes to get the shave right.

Today was a great 2 pass DFS with no nicks and very low irritation. I didn't push for 3rd pass because why mess with a good thing?

See you all tomorrow. Thanks.

Working on a grow out in Prep for Sharp's first "Razor Face-Off".

I have been wanting to pit my two Blackbirds against each other for so long. I love my OC but I think the SB is almost as equal and can be used as a daily driver. Is there really a difference between the OC and SB. We and by we I mean I will soon find out.

Not sure if I should shave tonight or tomorrow morning to get a fair showdown.

I don\'t know if I have the editing skills or time for Video yet. But maybe over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Where does one learn about these sort of skills? \n\nI can add them to my list of skills.. Like my nunchaku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want men that have great skills. \n\nHere is a link to the thread in DE Discussions. \n\nhttps://theshavingcadre.com/?p=post%2Fsharps-faceoff-9925453%3Fpid%3D1306220110 \n\n
\n\nThere is some free software out there. I use an app on my phone called Filmorago. It has its limitations but does a good enough job for what I want.

I don\'t know if I have the editing skills or time for Video yet. But maybe over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Where does one learn about these sort of skills? \n\nI can add them to my list of skills.. Like my nunchaku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want men that have great skills. \n\nHere is a link to the thread in DE Discussions. \n\nhttps://theshavingcadre.com/?p=post%2Fsharps-faceoff-9925453%3Fpid%3D1306220110 \n\n
\nNo skillz needed. Just hit record on the ole hand held communication device. Set-up a YouTuber account, and upload.

Where does one learn about these sort of skills? \n
\n\nI shoot with my iPhone, and edit with the iMovie app. It\'s no frills, but gets the job done. Takes me a minute or less to edit my video before I upload it to YT.

If I can do it, you can do it. Ask ANYONE here ??? I don't edit film with a tablet, upload to you tube account and click share copy the link and paste it here

So, I finally got the correct Carde Shave Towel.

Thanks Chad. Also included in this great package were some great soap samples I have been wanting to try including Declaration Grooming and two Chiseled Face soaps. Backing these soaps for the long weekend.
Going to try to get the Blackbird Face-Off in today.

So, I finally got the correct Carde Shave Towel. \n\nThanks Chad. Also included in this great package were some great soap samples I have been wanting to try including Declaration Grooming and two Chiseled Face soaps. Backing these soaps for the long weekend. \nGoing to try to get the Blackbird Face-Off in today.
\n\nGlad everything arrived safely. Those are some great soaps I included. One of the samples I am not a fan of the scent. So I hope you like it.

The only questionable one for me would be the cherry oatmeal. The others seemed pleasant.
\n\nI think I sent you midnight stag. I hate that one scent wise.\n\nThe Cherry City Oatmeal Stout is a favorite of mine. I ended up with a full tub.

Shave #12

Razor: Blackbird OC Matte
Blackbird SB Black Oxide
Brush: Simpson 58 Manchuria Badger
Blade: Feather (1)
Cream:TOB Jermyn
AS: L’Occitain AFB

So drove out of the City two hours last night to Catskills for Thanksgiving weekend in the country. Completed the Face-Off last night but fell asleep before I could report. Typing it up now and the results will be found in the Sharp’s Face-off Thread. Happy Thanksgiving folks.

Back