The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

First of all...happy birthday to your son! And it sounds like you had your hands full this weekend.

I usually prefer a stronger scented soap...but as you indicated...in my experience the Strop Shoppe soaps have a nice light clean scent to them.

First of all...happy birthday to your son! And it sounds like you had your hands full this weekend.

I usually prefer a stronger scented soap...but as you indicated...in my experience the Strop Shoppe soaps have a nice light clean scent to them.

Thanks, Don, Packed five 5-year-olds in a minivan and drove them down 2 hours to Digger Land USA and back. Evey kids dream. He is the knucklehead in the middle with his two best friends. My daughter is working the excavator.

Wait...where is this place because I want to go!

Whaaaaat?!?!?! I wanna go there!

I want to drive the excavator!

Diggerland USA, West Berlin NJ http://www.diggerlandusa.com

Kids over 48 inches tall can drive Bob Cats, Mini-steamrollers, small farm tractors, mini frontloaders, and smaller excavators to name a few.
Kids over 42 inches can drive on an adult's lap.

Adults can go to an area and drive the big rigs. Full-size bulldozers, excavators dump trucks ex.

\n\nAdults can go to an area and drive the big rigs. Full-size bulldozers, excavators dump trucks ex.\n\n
\n\nHmmm Adults you say? How do they define Adult? Because I have a feeling Most no wait ALL of us would be acting like kids!

Shave# 4 (1.5 days)

Razor: Blackbird SB
Razor: PolSilver Super Iridium (New)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Polo 27mm
Soap: Strop Shoppe Black Tie
Alum
ASB: L’Occitane After Shave Balm

P1: WTG
P2: XTG face ATG neck
Clean up or chin, jaw line and neck

Well I’ll it happened. An ingrown hair.
My last shave was extremely, but as stated the Personna Red was really tugging on my face at points. Very odd considering I had only 3 shaves on it. I usually can get 4-5 out of one.

Today I decided to mix it up a little. I will use a different Blade every 3 uses. I usually can get between 3-5 shaves out of a blade before my tree bark like whiskers makes a blade useless.

Today i I tried the PolSilver SI’s and I love this blade more and more. As of now it rivals Bolzano as the most comfortable blade I use. Offering an amazing smoothness to sharpness ratio. I will use that blade next to see which is the ultimate blade for the BB SB.

Oh oh yeah besides taking care around the ingrown hair it was an eventless shave other than strong performance out of all tools involved.

If if you have not used L’Occitane ASB you owe it to yourself if you have sensitive skin. Yes it is expensive but it has to be the best at healing and conditioning your face. It is also invented so not to collide with what other scents you choose to use. I only use it in winter though because I find it to be to moisturizing in humid months and warm weather

I will post today’s shave later today.

Bolzanos are very nice blades. I really like them. The PolSilvers are also good.

Shave# 5 (2 days)

Razor: Blackbird SB
Razor: PolSilver Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Polo 27mm
Soap: Strop Shoppe Black Tie
Alum
ASB: L’Occitane After Shave Balm

P1: WTG
P2: XTG face ATG neck

Took it easy today with the ingrown hair still bothering me. I waited a full two days before coming back to the face.

I am loving the Strop Shoppes performance. Loads and plathers so easily. The sent has faded a bit but still in there. I am not a person who tollerates a strong smelling soap so this does not bother me.

On my first pass, approching my chin, I caught my lip and gave it a nice little slice? Just goes to show no matter how long a person has been shaving accidents do happen.

This this easy going shave I am happy to report a DFS.

Homefront: Family trip to Chicago. Ugh.. I don't know what was going through the planner's mind but we have a family trip to the Windy City to celebrate my father in-law's 75th. It is going to be 25f-30f degrees all weekend long.

Happy Veterens Day, to all our members that have proudly served: Thank you for all you have done and still do.

Back