The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Oh ... oh ... an emergency speed shave. I’ve done the practice drills, but haven’t had to implement it yet.

2019 Shave#26 (1days)

Razor: Raw RS-10 Mild plate.
Astra SS (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief 28MM
Pre Shave: Murdock Face Wash
Soap Ghost Town Barber (26) 3017
AS: Alum, Thayers Medicated WH

So starting with my Paladin Chief Man I love this brush.. First time use. 28mm and feels just like me Wiborg.. Perfect balance of Backbone and softness. It was like the tips were already broken in like a well worn pair of jeans. I like it better than my Kansas City.. I wonder what it will be like when broken in?

Put the Mild plate on the Raw and threw an Astra SS in. Again another great matchup. This razor so far worked flawlessly with the PolSilver SI, Astra SP and SS.

The slight advantage goes to the
PolSilver. I have a few more blades to try with it though.

Funny there is very little difference in aggression between the agressive plate and mild. Over all the aggressive plate would be the winer for this reason. Come to think of it. I have cut myself more with the mild razor than the aggressive including today. ( Some small weepers under my nose today.)

Finding myself busier away from shaving so the 2 pass DFS has been the achievable medium lately.

Year to date log results.

The Raw seems to be quickly encroaching on the Blackbird’s top performer spot!

\n\nYou are looking at the wrong column. That is in the Month of Feb- 4 shaves. . Go over a few columns and you will see the year to date stats 26 shaves
\nOh I see. Though that next column starts with Jan 2018.\n\n
\nDon\'t mind him Jim. You know nurses can\'t read charts...
\nOk Mr Funny Guy
1f602.png

Finally caught up Jim...interesting bunch of shaves and I'm very intrigued by the RS-10, but not for the price tag they have on it. (that's a good, non-damascus, custom straight!)

The daily journal shave scoring system is extremely interesting...as an analyst by trade, that's RIGHT up my alley!! Love the tone and tenor of your journal Jim!

Finally caught up Jim...interesting bunch of shaves and I'm very intrigued by the RS-10, but not for the price tag they have on it. (that's a good, non-damascus, custom straight!)

The daily journal shave scoring system is extremely interesting...as an analyst by trade, that's RIGHT up my alley!! Love the tone and tenor of your journal Jim!

Thanks Josh.. I didn't build it. Only trouble shooted it a bit.

wonder how Jim is doing.... oh still using GTB

Yup still using it. I am guessing 15-25 shaves left. Might have to pull a Nurse Dave and Start shaving two times a day. Not to catch up on a 365 goal. , Rather just use up soap.

\n\nYup still using it. I am guessing 15-25 shaves left. Might have to pull a Nurse Dave and Start shaving two times a day. Not to catch up on a 365 goal. , Rather just use up soap.
\n\n15 - 25 shaves left?! Holy Cow! That seems like an eternity to me!

2019 Shave#27 (2 days)

Razor: Raw RS-10 Mild plate.
Astra SS (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief 28MM
Pre Shave: Keihl's
Soap Ghost Town Barber (27) 3017
AS: Thayers Medicated WH

As I am gaining more experience with the Mild Plate of this Raw Razor the more I am realising that not to use it and just stick with the agressive. I had a nice mild 2 pass shave but I was kind of bored and nothing else. The mild plate might be for when you are shaving everyday. But with two days growth there was nothing special there. Maybe I should ahve gone for a 3rd pass.
GTB seems to be progressing faster as it becomes softer. So I feel I have closer to 10-15 shaves with it left.

Couldn't be soon enough. I have to reme
ber it was a back to backl 3017 that burnt me out on shaving a few years Back. Don't think I will be jumping on any band wagons again.

In other news, I have been busier more than usual preparing some tax paperwork for the IRS on the business I sold two years ago. I ammended a return and they want to see more details for it. Fun fun.

As I tell me kids.. Smell ya later Cadre, and have a good night.

Back