The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Nice score on the Grand Shave King! I have one of those too! It's a very mild shave. I remembered last time doing a four pass shave...but ended up with a super smooth face! They are some delicate razors though!

Nice score on the Grand Shave King! I have one of those too! It's a very mild shave. I remembered last time doing a four pass shave...but ended up with a super smooth face! They are some delicate razors though!

thats the way I remember it. Thought about one of these knock offs but I love having the real deal.
I cant remember if it is mild and super smooth or just mild. I remember it as being mild and smooth. We shall soon find out.

Man, some blades don't even get really good until after that many shaves.

Says Mr. Halloween!
1f60b.png

2019 Shave #35 (3 days growth)
Razor: Charcoal Good LvL2 OC
Sputnik
Brush: Paladin Churchill 28MM
Pre Shave: None
Soap Ghost Town Barber (35) 3017
AS: Thayer's Medicated WH

I broke out the Charcoal Goods Lvl 2 today and put in a Sputnik Blade. My first few shaves with the CG was less then the steller reviews I have been reading about. That all changed today. With a an Astra SP and SS the shaves were Meh. With the right blade and angle and this has provided and excellent 3 pass BBS shave.
So much so that I am not sure if I will shave tomorrow.

GTB is almost done. Thanks to Steve's handy work with the scale I can now guestimate I am down to 3-4 shaves before finishing this puppy. At least there is no more scent to this.

On personal note.
Been off the gird the last week or so with small amount of checking in. I have been in audit hell. I kid you not. The moment I am closing up the requested documents from a 2014 Fed audit. I get a letter from NYS wanting to audit part of my 2015 ammended return(They have been sitting on this for two years)

Ok Folks back to the bunker..

Sorry to hear about the audit mess. I hope it blows over without too much more incident.

GTB is almost gone? Sounds like a celebration may be in order!
1f602.png

Jim, just explain the soap and guitar purchases, pay the penalty and move on..................Just kidding. I hope you can get it all behind you soon man.

Hurry up and finish that GTB so you can move on to a REAL soap!
1f60b.png

Hoping Audit Hell has a favorable outcome and is over SOON!

Back