The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

2019 Shave #36 (2 days growth)

Razor: Charcoal Good LvL2 OC
Sputnik (2)
Brush: Ever-Ready 2 Band 20MM
Pre Shave: None
Soap Ghost Town Barber (36) 3017
AS: Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel.

Dave, I wish I could laugh about these audits. My guess is that they came in because of a delay in filing for a portion do to a unqualified book keeper that was reporting investments making into the business as income during the first two years. When it was discovered we ammened the taxes. Guess the government doesn't like writing checks back.

Took a weekend with my 5 year old son down at the beach.
Great bonding weekend.
Not much time to shave but got a quick one in this morning before heading back. Bought my standard travel brush, the Ever-Ready 20mm 2 band reknot. Such a solid performer. Everything performed top notch. Including the GTB., My only issue with my solid performing razors like this CG Lvl 2 and my Blackbird is that they shave so close that consecutive days of shaving becomes an issue of grown in hairs and irritation. I went for two passes today and got a DFS.

GTB is getting close to the end.

Sounds like a good trip Jim. Going down the shore in the off season is always nice because it’s usually empty. Looks like you’re almost done with that GTB too.

I understand Jim and hope it gets behind you soon. Nice bonding time with the son is so important. We have no kids but if we did, time with them would be a priority. Wonder what the new order system with CG will be after he fulfills the current wait list. Getting a headset is proving a challenge. Have a great day.

2019 Shave #37 (1 days growth)

Razor: Charcoal Good LvL2 OC
Sputnik (3)
Brush: Paladin Chief 2 Band 28mm
Pre Shave:Keihl's Exfoliating Face Scrub
Soap Ghost Town Barber (37) 3017
AS: Murdock's Aftershave Balm

Still healing the irritation so went with a simple 2 pass shave. Did not push for perfection and with that got a CCS but nothing to write in detail about. The Murdock's ASB still needs some time to evaluate. For the cost, I will not be replacing vs other balms on the market. But further time will be needed to give a fair evaluation.

Wow, almost gone 20 days since my last post?.. How is everyone doing? Here is a quick rundown of Feb on my Journal Spreadsheet

2019 Shave #44 (5 days growth)

Razor: Raw RS-10 Aggressive plate
Feather: (1)
Brush: Paladin Kansas City Fallstaff 2 Band 28mm
Pre Shave:Keihl's Exfoliating Face Scrub
Soap: Strop Shoppe Black Tie
AS: Murdock's Aftershave Balm

So Razor has been out of my hand since Monday. So 5 days growth. At first I was thinking Blackbird with a Feather blade but I heard such good things of the Raw with Feather combo. It nailed it. 2 passes no weepers or nicks. No need for alum. finished DFS with some spots of BBS. I did not got for the thrid pass to chase it. Glad to have a real soap back in use. I have about 5 more shaves with the Strop Shoppe. My plan after that is pick 5 soaps that I will work through the balance of the year in roation. I will announce them after I finsish the current soap. I am editing a video and hope to have it up shortly.

Back