The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Jan 31
2019 Shave#22 (1days)

Razor: Raw RS-10 aggressive plate.
Astra SP (2)
Brush: Paladin Fallstaff Kansas City 28MM
Pre Shave: Murdock Face Wash
Soap Ghost Town Barber (22) 3017
AS: Alum, Thayers Medicated WH

Eh, I shaved.
It was a good shave. Guess I can ad the Astra SP works as well as the Pol SIlver in the RS-10

WOW, you guys are serious about this shaving thing. Hope the Assured Razor shaves doesn't skew things too bad
1f602.png

Wow. Very impressive spreadsheet. I toyed with the notion of doing this awhile back, but didn't put in the work.

2019 Shave#23 (1days)

Razor: Blackbird OC.
Parker (3)
Pre Shave: Keihl's Exfoliating Scrub
Soap Ghost Town Barber (23) 3017

A non planned 3 days off from shaving.
Most of the ingrown hairs from the assur
ed shave are gone. So the time away was good.

This razor is a god send for quick efficent two pass cleanup. It is aggressive, but nothing I have in my arsinal mows down hairs any better. The Parker blade kind of past it's prime for me. Not sure why. It was scratchy and tugging like a blade that I have been using for the one month challenge. Ha. It still provided a close shave. Just closer to an Assured blade feel.

Life.
I am devoting a little more time to my guitar playing. Had a great lesson where I have been working on Chili Pepper's Can't Stop. I mean I suck and have a ways to go but it is getting better everyday. That is main reason I have been of the pages lately.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Good update Jim! Glad you had a more decent shave today.

I’d take Chili Peppers “Can’t Stop” over the alternative any day!

The MLL as we in the gigging world like to call it would be a challenge now.. I might have to do something Simple like Link Wray's Rumble. Remember don't ask for what you might regret hearing. Some sounds cannot be unheard.

I think Frusciante is one of the more underrated guitarists. I remember trying to learn Under the Bridge back when I first started playing, and deciding to get back to it when I got a little more experience. Sadly, I never got back to it lol.

I think Frusciante is one of the more underrated guitarists. I remember trying to learn Under the Bridge back when I first started playing, and deciding to get back to it when I got a little more experience. Sadly, I never got back to it lol.

Very underrated.

Hey Jim keep with it! I need to get back in a regular playing routine myself. It’s been way too long since I’ve played anything.

Agreed Eric. And yes .. not getting back to it happens..

2019 Shave#24 (1days)

Astra SP (3)
Soap Ghost Town Barber (24) 3017

Broke through to the bottom of the GTB today. Feel it was more of the soft soap being pushed to the side than actually breaking through but it is progress. Puck weighed in at 89g so about 63g left. Still going through about 3 grams a day. So 20 odd shaves. I should get to shaving everyday.

Seems like the Raw RS-10 with the aggressive plate makes a great 2 pass gaily driver. Might get one more use out of the Astra blade. I will think about it tomorrow.

2019 Shave#25 (1days)

Astra SP (4)
Soap Ghost Town Barber (25) 3017

Had to get the kid out to school this morning and was running late. So what better time to put an emergency speed shave into a real life situation. (This is not a drill. Repeat. This is not a drill.) No time to break out the camera and film though it would have been like, "Live from Bathroom B, this is Sharp's with aspecial report."

I thought I had agood lather on but only about a 15 second load. Thank God this soft soap had a good size chunk flake off onto the brush. Whipped up what I thought was surfice amout of soap but it was a little fluffy foamlike lather. So slickness was ok but quality elswise was lacking. Pass one was fine, till I hit a patch on my chin that seems to be trouble spot and once caught is like a cut over the eye of a fighter. Just keeps on opening.
Pass 2 the lather was weak XTG. I little care and things were fine.

I think it was a 5-6 minute shave start to finish.

This is the 4th use with the Astra SP and it is stating to go. No tugging or pulling. Just dulling and was not it's usual sharpness. But this blade performs equally as well in the Raw as the PolSilver.

This would be perfect to use for the one blade challenge. But I ain't.

Almost a photo finish. Sorry the shave had to be rushed. Hope the rest of the day is enjoyable Jim!

Back