The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2021

Does anyone know if USPS, UPS, DHL, or FEDEX is the best way to ship this to my Reindeer buddy? I want to make sure it gets there in time for Christmas. Also, do you think if I go back to the dealership they’ll gift wrap it for me? just realized I don’t have a box in which it will fit

View attachment 65066
You are only one state away and my sister is down there real close to you, I can make the trip and save you the shipping.

I mean I don't even know if my buddy drinks so that's not even an option..

Okay, I have my plan laid out for what to get my secret pal.. However, I may have to end up sending it in two separate mailings... One part can definitely be sent now. The rest could be sent now. However, if I wait until closer to Christmas, he'll definitely enjoy it more...
Be careful giving out too many details about your shopping/shipping habits as to give yourself away to your buddy, or even eliminating yourself as a potential buddy. Keep everything in this thread pretty vague.

Be careful giving out too many details about your shopping/shipping habits as to give yourself away to your buddy, or even eliminating yourself as a potential buddy. Keep everything in this thread pretty vague.
good reminder.. Thanks. I didn't mean to say to much if I did.. One question though. wont our buddies be able to figure out who it came from anyway based on our return address and / or if someone were to include a card .....

good reminder.. Thanks. I didn't mean to say to much if I did.. One question though. wont our buddies be able to figure out who it came from anyway based on our return address and / or if someone were to include a card .....
The general idea is to hide your identity initially. It's much more fun, and suspenseful, if you don't know who sent it to you, especially after you receive it! When you open it, if the sender wants to say who they are by including a card (which is usually opened last), then they will do that.

So, how does one maintain Anonymity? Well, the first and easiest way is to very clearly and obviously mark the box as a Rudolph exchange gift. If you see that it has that type of writing or pictures to that effect on it, then you can just avoid looking at the return address. Some folks will hide their return address, so you can't figure it out. And some folks will go out of their way to ship the package from another location entirely so the return address doesn't match their home anyway (like shipping the box while you are on vacation). You can have your spouse or significant other be on the lookout for the packages too.

And it's best practice, to wrap the gift(s) inside the box, so they can be removed from the shipping box (and placed under the tree. Again, this can be done be a spouse to make sure everything inside is good. If you have wrapped your presents, you should PM Rudolph, so he can inform your buddy that it's ok to open the box (or just write on the outside of the shipping box that the presents inside are wrapped, so they know when they receive it.)

The general idea is to hide your identity initially. It's much more fun, and suspenseful, if you don't know who sent it to you, especially after you receive it! When you open it, if the sender wants to say who they are by including a card (which is usually opened last), then they will do that.

So, how does one maintain Anonymity? Well, the first and easiest way is to very clearly and obviously mark the box as a Rudolph exchange gift. If you see that it has that type of writing or pictures to that effect on it, then you can just avoid looking at the return address. Some folks will hide their return address, so you can't figure it out. And some folks will go out of their way to ship the package from another location entirely so the return address doesn't match their home anyway (like shipping the box while you are on vacation). You can have your spouse or significant other be on the lookout for the packages too.

And it's best practice, to wrap the gift(s) inside the box, so they can be removed from the shipping box (and placed under the tree. Again, this can be done be a spouse to make sure everything inside is good. If you have wrapped your presents, you should PM Rudolph, so he can inform your buddy that it's ok to open the box (or just write on the outside of the shipping box that the presents inside are wrapped, so they know when they receive it.)
Very informative. I appreciate the response a lot...Thank you for your reply .

Ok so I’ve Stalked all the post and info I can find on my Secret Pal And I’m still Banging my Head on the Desk.
f766892580da92d10466d3d0df997f58.gif

Same.

When in doubt, sticking with the geographically local specialties/gifts theme is often a hit! Or if you have any kind of craft or artisan abilities, handmade gifts have always been a big hit too.

Don’t forget we’ve got a lot of artisans, vendors, and hobbyists here too that do awesome work!

When in doubt, sticking with the geographically local specialties/gifts theme is often a hit! Or if you have any kind of craft or artisan abilities, handmade gifts have always been a big hit too.

Don’t forget we’ve got a lot of artisans, vendors, and hobbyists here too that do awesome work!
I had thought of the hand made / custom ( 3d printed ) stuff to include and might know a few things to make...

I do the regional thing too. I have a couple home town items that I will be sending. As far as shaving items, I went through a lot of my buddies posts and came up with something that I have never seen him post about but I think may be in his wheelhouse, so he is getting that too.

800px_COLOURBOX4603912.jpg

Yeah !!!!!!! I found out some info about MY Rudolph buddy.... Stalking is the best !!!! ( As long as its not creepy )
I can finally start getting my Buddy His / her gifts ( I'm not giving any hints of even if they're male or female ) !!

Back