The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2021

Seriously though...I am waiting for the first report of a package under someone's...uh...Jack-O-Lantern any day now. I feel for that sad sap that has to stare at his...or her...package for two whole months!

I actually wouldn't mind a helicopter ride at all no matter where it was flying. Always been fascinated with them and never had the opportunity to be in one.
Helicopters can be fun.. I had the opportunity to be in quite a few during my time in service .. I have always thought it was weird that they are able to fly when there is really no reason they ever should be able to fly.

I actually wouldn't mind a helicopter ride at all no matter where it was flying. Always been fascinated with them and never had the opportunity to be in one.
The first lesson I learned on my first helo ride...

Don: "Hey, there's some kind of fluid leaking from that hose."

Crew Chief: "Yeah, it's hydraulic fluid."

Don: "Isn't it bad that the hydraulic fluid is leaking?"

Crew Chief: "Naw...it's when it's not leaking you really need to be worried."

Don: :oops::oops::oops::poop::poop::poop::oops::oops::oops:

The first lesson I learned on my first helo ride...

Don: "Hey, there's some kind of fluid leaking from that hose."

Crew Chief: "Yeah, it's hydraulic fluid."

Don: "Isn't it bad that the hydraulic fluid is leaking?"

Crew Chief: "Naw...it's when it's not leaking you really need to be worried."

Don: :oops::oops::oops::poop::poop::poop::oops::oops::oops:
Ya Helicopters…… Nothing like intubating a patient , placing pick lines, or IV’s, starting blood units, while in a 40 degree bank while being shot at while going deaf as the door gunner brrrrts away LOL.

I was offered a ride in a med transport helicopter when they were looking at a contract with us. I passed given that I can get motion sick in 0.77 seconds in simulator rides.

I put up a large metal building when I worked for my dad years ago that was to house the guys helicopter. He offered to take us up in it, but sadly got some sort of rapid onset cancer and passed before we got the chance. (Actually even before the new house next to the building we built was finished. )

Loaded for med choppers a couple times, but never went in one.

When I was seismic drilling we had the largest chopper fleet (for drilling) on the east coast with 6 going at once. Got to talk to the pilots and see them up close, but not a chance to go up in one....

Back