The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2018

WOW looks like everyone's Rudolph buddy has knocked it out of the park so far!

Great videos and pictures everyone! I'll get mine shot here shortly and hopefully get it uploaded before I head out to my brothers.

TJ put a lot of thought and probably time into the wood burning on the den sign. I have just the spot for it too!
How could TJ have known I was a Farmall kind of guy?!

TJ put a lot of thought and probably time into the wood burning on the den sign. I have just the spot for it too!
How could TJ have known I was a Farmall kind of guy?!

My pleasure Rich. I did all the wood burning personally and Farmall/IH/Case is what I do for a job so in my opinion everyone is or should be a Farmall guy!!!!

Thanks for the pics Rich. Holy Cow that’s an awesome sign! And the tractor is a pretty nice touch! Love it.

Just got through all the videos and pics so far...really awesome stuff, personal touches and researched items alike!

About to go and do our first Christmas of 3 in a minute. I’ll open mine then.

Wife jumped into the shower so playing catch up on all the festivities. Great job guys!!!

Shawn, glad you liked what you got. I remembered you really wanted to try that scent from Lisa and she was great in wrapping it for you. The Black Beauty was a challenge to find. Sorry I couldn't find the right quarter though. I believe you said you didn't have a birth razor so I hope it works out for you. It seems to be in mint condition, I didn't use it though, if it gives you any problems let me know and I will make it right.

Just got through all the videos and pics so far...really awesome stuff, personal touches and researched items alike!

About to go and do our first Christmas of 3 in a minute. I’ll open mine then.

dude that Fatip was a spectacular gift. But I’m really digging that game we are gonna for sure be playing that!

Loving the photos everybody. I'll get caught up on the videos tonight when I get home and on my PC. Awesome stuff everyone.

Danger Don,
I gotta ask, that light show on your ceiling...... is that coming from your star? If so I gotta get one of those, that’s cool.

Yup, it's coming from the star. We have had it for a couple years...but I have know idea where the wife got it from!

Video will be appended to my next shave log, either tomorrow or Thursday, but here’s my most spectacular gift!

Shawn you are so gifted, and the fact that it’s hand crafted from all local materials makes it one of a kind artisanship! Everyone that’s seen it so far is super jealous!

Thanks man! Merry Christmas!

Some incredible gifting going on here, a lot of thought has gone into the choice and types of gifts. I think there was as much fun in the giving as has been in the receiving.

My buddy sent me some very cool stuff and even included a gift with my wife’s name on it. I didn’t snap a photo of HER gift but trust me it is/was awesome. I don’t know if it was homemade by my buddy (Doug) or stolen from grandma but the peanut brittle was the best I’ve ever had. I am not sure where it is now, I think the kids have hidden it .

as for my gifts I got a couple of really nice soaps and post shave along with a “pot from Colorado”. Wait, now that I type that out I see the double meaning... cool man.

i recently bought a tub of OZ soap but somehow Doug picked the other tub I was looking at, great choice. I shaved with OZ last week and find it to be a very good soap I am sure I will enjoy the Yellow Brick Road too. He also got me some WWSC orange blossom, another great scent choice from a solid performer. I am thinking my son may steal the orange blossom, he was eyeballing it pretty close.

topping it all off was a handwritten letter expressing some great sentiments and a card for the family. Good stuff, thanks Doug

Video will be appended to my next shave log, either tomorrow or Thursday, but here’s my most spectacular gift!

Shawn you are so gifted, and the fact that it’s hand crafted from all local materials makes it one of a kind artisanship! Everyone that’s seen it so far is super jealous!

Wow....just.....wow!

Managed to get a video of the gift opening. Sorry for speeding through it. We were expecting people to start showing up any second and didn’t want to be interrupted lol. Many thanks to Don for the amazing gifts! Your generosity is humbling, my friend, and I hope you have a fantastic Christmas.

https://youtu.be/j1V5ezfx51U

I know this will probably come up, so its pre-emptive strike time lol. Yes, I still have my no-shave November beard. I liked it enough to keep it a while longer, though now it’s providing motivation. I’ve hit a weight that I’m truly uncomfortable with and decided that, while I miss my shaves, the beard will stay until I hit my goal weight.

out friggen standing!

That is a beautiful piece of work!

Back