The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2018

Anyone else opening early? If everyone else is waiting, I will too, but not sure when I'll get to it if I do. Busy day right after I get up.

Anyone else opening early? If everyone else is waiting, I will too, but not sure when I'll get to it if I do. Busy day right after I get up.

Do it!!!!

I'm hitting the hay soon. Son is determined to be up early

I opened the little one first.

This stuff smells great and my buddy did a good job remembering this was one I wanted to try. I'm not unhappy with the scent in the least bit and knowing it's a Lisa's soap, I know the base is in my top 3 soaps. I know what my shave in the morning will be!

On to the box.

First one is a nice metal sign I can put up in my shop.

Next is my "local" gift. A nice cocoa mug. (don't drink coffee, but I do like my cocoa!)

And then I opened up a Black Beauty in impeccable condition. The card revealed that it was from the Monkey, and that it was also my birth year.

Many thanks to you John! The BB is a great razor, the soap smells amazing, and I finally get a sign for my shop! And since we have gotten about 3 inches of fresh snow in the last couple hours, I know what I'm going to be sipping my cocoa out of after freezing in my shop.
1f604.png

Still using Kodak film? You know they invented Polaroids right?

I take them on my phone, but my callouses don't agree with touchscreens and I can't type on the stupid things, so I email them to myself and put them on the computer. It still takes forever because my typing speed is about 3 minutes per word......<br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/>

I take them on my phone, but my callouses don't agree with touchscreens and I can't type on the stupid things, so I email them to myself and put them on the computer. It still takes forever because my typing speed is about 3 minutes per word......

Lol I’m just kidding ya!

Wow! Just awesome stuff Shawn!

And John, great job!

Merry Christmas guys! And I hope you are able to spend Christmas with your family and friends!

Youtube video:
https://youtu.be/7hdBj7An4no

So my clip is a condensed version since it allows me to do less editing and make sure the video flows nicely. Plus I can add commentary on the side. You will also notice my dog Brie was very intrigued in the gift opening process.

First of all, KJ did some great research. BERGAMOT LAVENDER SOAP! My wife asked me, "Is it the one I like? And how does he know this?" Had to tell her that it was mentioned in my shave journal and she says she doesn't get it. A sample of Lavender Vanilla should be solid for the winter time too. So you win buddy!

My first official CBL shave soap since he's official now. I also explained that CBL is a member and a financial planner - her reaction: "and he makes soap now? Very confused." You do you Chris! Love the cowgirl scent and I am sure it's a winner. Very cool stuff and sorry I didnt jump on it earlier.

Now I have two TSC items on the tree! Glad the ornament can spend some time on the tree for the holidays. It has been one crazy fun year for the cadre. Happy to be part of the family. The other item is the xmas card from Chad FYI. KJ made sure that this was protected since the amount or bubble wrap could have saved a dozen eggs accordingly to my wife. LOL As you can see, it is safe and sound. Pics below on how it looks like on our tree.

The next gift definitely confused my wife. She asked how he knows what kindof of fountain pen I have. I guess we divulge a lot of information with each other and this is some excellent stalkin... I mean research! Will get a lot of use in 2019.

As per KJ's instruction, the hat was left for last. These pins are awesome. I may have to bust them out on my lapel on my sportscoat. Definitely a collector item for my accessory collection.

KJ - You have exceeded my expectations and I do hope you enjoyed the video. Appreciate all the love. I did show your FB profile to the wife and she is impressed that you are sporting the vstar and a mohawk!

To the cadre, Merry Christmas and hope the holidays treat you and the family well!

And yes.... it is 2:54 am EST.... long story for another time LOL didnt stop me from the gift exchange though!

Back