The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2018

Merry Christmas Dave! And thanks for the Chamber gifts!

As to the glencairn glass I will add to store officially later this week

Chris, I'm looking forward to seeing the video. I really do hope that it is something that you will be happy with and enjoy.

I am very happy with it! I’ll be even more happy for the wonderful meals my wife will end up cooking, using it to prep! But shhh I didn’t say that!

Its an heirloom piece, so beautiful; but it will definitely see use!

Thanks to my Cadre buddy for the great soap! You chose a scent that I would not have picked, but it smells amazing! I may have to break rotation tomorrow to try it out. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Bob

Didn't get the video uploaded before I had to leave to go to my brother's this morning. But here it is now!

The Rudolph Buddies really did an excellent job this year!

Hope everyone is having a Wonderfully Joyous Merry Christmas!

https://youtu.be/8EU1A7Rruw4

Chris,

You are most welcome. I forgot to mention in my letter that the peanut brittle was homemade by my wife. When you told me that your wife loves homemade things, it was the first thing that I thought of.

There was a small snafu on my part with my Buddy gift. I am at my in-laws for Christmas and I left my buddy's gift at home.
1f61e.png
I will be opening it tomorrow as soon as I get home and will be posting pictures quickly thereafter. Apologies to my buddy.

Mystery and Intrigue with Craig’s gift. Maybe his buddy will come along with some clarification. Merry Christmas Craig!

Chris,

You are most welcome. I forgot to mention in my letter that the peanut brittle was homemade by my wife. When you told me that your wife loves homemade things, it was the first thing that I thought of.
AWESOM Peanut brittle for sure, it’s gone now.

I was worried since Dave didnt post his vid yet. Glad everything made it safely. The shave soap is from the biggest shave stores in Paris. They make their own and I knew I had to get him a sample. I actually havent used it yet either but smells lovely!

And KJ, I felt so bad destroying your wrapping LOL but I knew I had to get to the goodies.

AWESOM Peanut brittle for sure, it’s gone now.

Lol! ?

I was worried since Dave didnt post his vid yet. Glad everything made it safely. The shave soap is from the biggest shave stores in Paris. They make their own and I knew I had to get him a sample. I actually havent used it yet either but smells lovely!

And KJ, I felt so bad destroying your wrapping LOL but I knew I had to get to the goodies.

International gift? Awesome!

So, I know we’ve heard from a lot of folks, so I ran through the pics and vids to see where we are at. Actually further along than I thought. Only have 4 members left who still need to post pics!

I know Doug said he’d post tomorrow.

1. Quijote – posted
2. cvargo – posted
3. NurseDave – posted
4. WildWest74 -
5. DocHoliday0831 – posted

6. dangerousdon – posted

7. Spider - posted

8. CBLindsay - posted

9. bobmsp - posted
10. dkeester –
11. clyde72 - posted
12. Smattayu - posted
13. Majorrich - posted
14. sskim3 – posted
15. ShawnF – Posted
16. LNHC -
17. Monkey – posted
18. GearNoir – posted
19. Xenostr8shaver - posted
20. South Paw -

Man oh man! The posts are almost more fun than making the package! Gave me a day-long hobby!

Video will be appended to my next shave log, either tomorrow or Thursday, but here’s my most spectacular gift!

Shawn you are so gifted, and the fact that it’s hand crafted from all local materials makes it one of a kind artisanship! Everyone that’s seen it so far is super jealous!

Thanks man! Merry Christmas!

That is incredibly. Nice work.

On the Second day of Christmas my Buddy, NurseDave, gave to me...

Wow, this is a wonderful gift! I really liked the wrapped packages nested inside of a wrapped package. The oils are awesome! I especially love the scent of Stirling Barbershop. The ornament is wonderful. There were a couple of times recently that I had one of those in my cart at the Zazzle store but didn't pull the trigger. It will get a prominent place on the Christmas tree. I also love the mug. San Francisco is my favorite US City, after Denver. There is no place in the world like it. I really loved living there back in 2000. I would love to move back some day. The mug reminds me of everything I love about SF. I will also savor the goodies inside the mug.

This is the perfect Buddy gift. Thank you, Dave!

Back